Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: European Mediation

Default Litimed

We too have just been contacted by Litimed and are asking questions as it all seems too good to be true. Patter is identical to European Mediation except that we are being told that "Instant Access and Inside Track have been denounced for Fraud and Misselling which allows us to claim any payments made direct to them from a European Fund. 10% upfront into an Escrow Account, (refunded if case is successful) - All cases thus far have been successful using European Fund set up from the sale of assets of Fraudulent companies. 8% charge for handling case."

Mr. Terry White sounds very convincing and plausible but we are asking questions about the Act/Legislation under which we can make our claim, the License Number of the Escrow Company and where he got our details from? It will be interesting to see the reply. We do not believe this is a bona fide company and say BEWARE.

Dear Sir or Madam

I hadn't heard the "claim-from-the-European-Compensation-Fund" sales patter since I replied to this thread in 2008 on the now defunct UK company "European Mediation".

I refer you to my posts, number 5 and 24, on this very thread.

The EU Directive which is often (mis) quoted is 97/9.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...7L0009:EN:HTML

This applies to, as the definitions within the Directive clearly state, to:

i) "investment firms" as defined by Directive 93/22/EEC

ii) or as "credited institutios" as defined by Directive 93/22/EEC

Not meaning to be pedantic or bore you to tears, basically the gist of the matter is that said investment institutions must be registered within the appropriate competent Investment Authorities within each EU Member State so its investors are eligible to opt for the protection of this European Investment Compensation Fund scheme.

In Spain that job falls on the CNMV (which stands for Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores). This is Spain's equivalent to our FSA.

A company set up with the purpose of misleading and profiting from gullible would-be-investors at no time would submit a detailed dossier to the CNMV (relevant Financial Authority for Spain) which will weed out and monitor them to ensure all the following is met:

1. The investment firm has sufficient initial financial resources for the proposed activities; (Spain has its own legal provisions on the minum capital requirements to be met dependant on the investment activity)
    2. The persons directing the business have sufficient professional integrity and experience; (meaning those with Criminal Records need not apply)
    3. Holders of qualifying participations are suitable persons.

So if I haven't bored you to death already and you are still with me, the bottom line of all the above is that murky fly-by-night investment schemes would rather stay out of the spot light of Spain's financial regulatory watchdog, CNMV, and will therefore be unegistered to operate in Spain in which case their fianancially mislead victims would fall out of the protection offered by the European Investment-Compensation scheme.

I.e. Fortuna Land victims would not qualify.

You do well in asking how they obtained your personal contact details as well as your full investment details. This is the key to suss out this type of companies. This sensitive information is protected by Spain's Data Protection Act. How did details held by a company that mislead investors end in the possession of another company (broadly speaking) which may now be cold-calling you out-of-the-blue offering legal services? Ex-employees? Buying & selling these "hot" data bases? Alarm bells anyone?

Please read my article which describes a certain modus operandi we've witnessed over the last decade:

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms - 13th March 2009

And to close, these people are charming top salesmen (and women, fairly attractive ones may I add) having prepared plausible replies to each and every question you'll make because they've been thoroughly trained; you won't ever catch them off guard. In fact, I'm fairly sure that if they phoned me I would fall for their sales patter and invest in Kazachastan as it's likely to be the next "hotspot". Or you can always play it safe and follow octopus Paul's advise whom I've now heard is branching out to give qualified investment advice. He does have a spotless trackrecord to show for it, mind you. Pitty he won't make it till the next World Cup.

Sincerely
    Raymundo LarraÃ*n Nesbitt
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 08-20-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Unregistered

Default conflict international

We have been speaking to George Gebhard of Conflict International and he too asked for 15% cash up front on a supposed water tight case for a property in Spain. Presumably Toby and George are the same person???

Exclamation Toby Gebhard confilct international

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just a word of warning - this company is/was run by a Toby Gebhard and a C.Lloyd they promise to recover money from property scams but they are another scam outfit.
    They should called "Contrick International"
    The firm of private detectives called Conflict International in London is not a "partner" and is also after them for unpaid bills.
    I have been dealing with Gebhard for around 2 years and 8 months by phone
    and emails which i have several the last email was this week 07/10/10 i paid
    him up front to fight our case with our holiday club he is a very arrogant man
    and if he thinks you are getting the better of him which i think i have done
    he will tell you all kinds of stories and the last email on the 7/10 he told me
    he would not reply to my emails anymore and has treatend me with a letter
    from his barrister (some joke)my reply to him was good i will look forward
    to that.if anyone wants to know more please reply

matty

Would be interested to hear from you about this

Not sure if you can send me a private message
    I am new to forum and don't seem to be able to send any yet

Thanks Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    I have been dealing with Gebhard for around 2 years and 8 months by phone
    and emails which i have several the last email was this week 07/10/10 i paid
    him up front to fight our case with our holiday club he is a very arrogant man
    and if he thinks you are getting the better of him which i think i have done
    he will tell you all kinds of stories and the last email on the 7/10 he told me
    he would not reply to my emails anymore and has treatend me with a letter
    from his barrister (some joke)my reply to him was good i will look forward
    to that.if anyone wants to know more please reply

matty
    Hi to all,
    I came across this very informative Forum quite by chance whilst searching the Internet.I live in Spain and have been ripped off like so many contributors to these threads.
    My own problems are of a different nature to most(landgrab),however I have enjoyed my fourteen years in Spain and still think its a great country to live in.
    The main problems are brought about by unscrupulous British "estate agents",and sadly some Spanish promoter/builders of the same ilk.The trick is to spot them before they spot you.
    I intend to unveil a few of them,the British ones anyway,on this forum.I spend quite a bit of my time now getting my own back by researching and uncovering these scam artists in the hope that it will prevent at least some of you from falling into their clutches.
    Lets have a look at Mr Gebhard for a kick off.
    Highly dubious individual with a background in failing to supply audited accounts to Companies House the Inland Revenue and the VAT authorities.
    Note he is a director of EUROPEAN MEDIATION SERVICES in particular.

Toby Gebhard.
    Director of the following limited liability companies,and their current status.

Camelot Marketing (UK) LimitedDissolved.

European Mediation Services LimitedProposal to strike off.

Probate Solutions Worldwide Wills & Trusts LimitedProposal to strike off.

Probate Solutions Executors & Trustees LimitedProposal to strike off.

Wills & Trusts Incorporating Carehome Solutions LimitedDormant Company.

Claims Management Solutions UK LimitedProposal to strike off.
    Last edited by jhamiltonsmythe; 10-14-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Default Good Money After Bad

We were robbed of £1,500 by "European Mediation" in 2008 (previous name : "Inventory Solutions UK"; After being scammed for £15,000 by "Club Class Holidays" in Tenerife in 2002. Has anyone been able to get their money back from these crooks ???

Unregistered

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Toby Gebhard.
    we would very much like to speak to him and his mate Robert Bailey

Unregistered

Default Blade Dispute Resolution

Thank you so much for posting such informative messages as I have nearly instructed this company to act on my behalf with a dispute over a property in Italy.

Are there any satisified customers out there??

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you so much for posting such informative messages as I have nearly instructed this company to act on my behalf with a dispute over a property in Italy.

Are there any satisified customers out there??
    And can anyone recommend a decent (and if possible no win no fee) solicitor for Italian property dispute?