Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Setting up a Comunidad de Propietarios

Default Setting up a Comunidad de Propietarios

Hi - I have a question for you. I own a villa in a group of seven other villas in Malaga Province, all of equal size with a communal area. We are already part of a much larger community that covers all of the villas in the urbanisation, not only our seven villas. One owner has suggested that we setup our own community to make the rules to govern our own communal area which has a gargen and swimming pool, a community within a community if you like. Firstly, is that possible?

Secondly, if it is possible I assume a meeting has to be held to vote on whether to set up a community or not. At that meeting how many owners have to attend for the meeting to have a quorum and be valid? Also, do owners have to attend the meeting or can they register their vote beforehand by email and if they register their vote beforehand, are they considered to be present at the meeting to obtain the quorum?

Lastly, if the meeting takes place, how many votes is required for the resolution to be passed: (i) unanimous, ie all owners present and votes beforehand in favor, or (ii) majority, ie over 50% of owners present and votes beforehand in favor, or (iii) 3/5 of all owners present and votes beforehand in favor?

Kind Regards
    Last edited by legend119; 08-21-2015 at 12:45 PM.