Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Property licence

Unregistered

Default Property licence

Can someone please advice me on how I can change the licence of my property in Spain so that it becomes a commercial property i.e. a restaurant? Thanks.

This must be arranged through the local Town Hall. They will inform you whether this is possible and if it is, they will give you the corresponding license.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default President of Community Property Deed

Thank you, I was easily able to obtain information about and the license from the Town Hall for the restaurant for my property.

However, the President of the community that my property is based in is being very difficult. I have an apartment that was once a restaurant before I owned it. Now I am looking to sell the property with the restaurant license. I'd like the future owner to have the option to open a restaurant, as stated in the property deed.

The President of our community is complicating things and trying to use the excuse that because the property has already been turned into an apartment that it isn't allowed to be turned back into a restaurant, even though the deed to this property states that is a "local" or a restaurant.

Can you give any guidance on whether or not it's legal for a property to go back to its original state? Or does changing the property once negate the previous use and deed??

Thank you!