Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Late payment of salary

Default Late payment of salary

Hello everyone,

I've been working in Spain since June last year but recently my employer has been paying me late.
    I used to get paid on the 1st of the month but that slipped to the 5th last month and looks like slipping further this month.
    This is a problem for me because I'm expected to pay my rent by the 5th of the month. What can I do?

Thanks

Dear Ebiw,

Welcome to the belegal forum.

Legally, your employer must pay your salary between the 1st and 5th of every month, so there is nothing you can claim if he pays you on the 5th or before. However, if he repeatedly fails to pay your full salary before that date, you can formally claim that he pays in time as you have payments and obligations due before the 5th of each month; in this specific case the monthly rent. The period of salary payments is regulated in the Spanish Civil Code in order to protect the workers’ rights; if after your formal claim so your employer pays in time he/she still fails to do it, you can take legal actions asking for compensation and terminate the work contract due to unfair dismissal.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Salary not on time

Hi Patricia,

Can you help me do to my employ CPM is costing me 105 € in fees to my bank course they are not paying my salary on time.

My question is can I by law claim the fee from CPM course all my duos are payed the first of awry months.

kind regards

Nicolai Masi