Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain

Carol

Default Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain

The majority of villa owners on my small estate of 33 houses have voted to apply for touristic status. I am concerned that losing our current residential status I might only be allowed to live in my property three months out of every twelve. Can they do this or does such a monumental change to the classification of my home need 100percent unanimity. That is if I am the only one to say no then it can't go ahead.?

Thank you

Unregistered

Default Debtors

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Johnson View Post
    Hello There,I live in a CO that has the usual debtors and ever year our administrator says they are working on getting them acted against in court to pay up or have their property auctioned off. But at every AGM it is stated that the process is still being worked upon. I have seen on several web sites were this process can be carried out in 3 months. What I would like to know is there anyway that the Comunity can make the administrator do this job quicker besides getting another administrator.
    Also I believe that debtors can be stopped from using shared facilities eg. Swimming pool,TV reception etc. is this true as the administrator said we can not stop them.
    Any references to these rules would be helpful as we have our AGM next month.
    Thank you in advance.
    It is a shame this post never received a response, as this is indeed a concern or many Communities all over Spain. Nonsense that the law deals quickly or efficiently with debtors, our Ommunity is still awaiting results from legal case regarding 2007/8 debts. What can honest fee paying owners really do to change things?

Angela

Good Afternoon,
    What paperwork should a landlord have to prove that work to change a residential building to a commercial has been approved by the local town hall in the Valencia region ?
    I am looking to rent a property that has been changed but want to make sure this has had the full approval of the town hall as I do not want to be liable for any problems later on. Many Thanks

Ian - Tenerife

I read somewhere that people owning more than one apartment on a complex could only have one vote in order to stop someone who owns 51% of the units from hijacking all decisions regarding the community for their own benefit to the detriment of the remaining owners. Despite bookmarking it I seem to have lost the relevant quote. Is this true or can multiple unit-holding individuals play fast and loose with other owners wishes?

Sue Parrish

I own/live in a residential apartment in Mallorca.
    My neighbour rents out every year to long term workers. We are woken up every night, by doors slamming etc. I have been to the owner, police and administrator, but to no avail. It has started up again,being woken at five every morning. Can you tell me is it legal to rent out in a residential block?

betty

our urbanisation has over 100 properties divided by gated roads which all have the same access locks.Our road has 18 houses in it & we have had a robbery,a case of vandalism overnight & also drunks accessing our road from local bars & leaving our gates open.We want to have the locks changed on our access gate so that only the people in our road have the access plus the president & meter reader.Our president says we are not allowed to do this but we feel very vulnerable as the majority of us are senior citizens.Can you advise please?

J.C.

I have the exact same issue to Graham Johnson, I copy his comments posted previously (I hope he doesn't mind)
    I hope this can get answered, Thanks for a great site.

Hello There,I live in a CO that has the usual debtors and ever year our administrator says they are working on getting them acted against in court to pay up or have their property auctioned off. But at every AGM it is stated that the process is still being worked upon. I have seen on several web sites were this process can be carried out in 3 months. What I would like to know is there anyway that the Comunity can make the administrator do this job quicker besides getting another administrator. Also I believe that debtors can be stopped from using shared facilities eg. Swimming pool,TV reception etc. is this true as the administrator said we can not stop them. Any references to these rules would be helpful as we have our AGM next month. Thank you in advance.

Hello Betty,

Your right to change the access locks should not be limited within your Community and especially if such decision is based on those strong grounds. The President must not stop you from putting those Locks.

I recommend you to expressly include the matter in the Minutes of the next AGM or EGM, with the aim to get to an agreement. In case the Community did not approve it, and depending on the case, the matter can be taken to the courts due to the unjustified position of the Community.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Stephanie carrington

Hi I own an apartment in a block in Mallorca.
    We have patio doors facing the sea & 3 windows on the side ( we are a corner unit ). My issue is the windows round the side would be great if they were 2 feet lower to make the most of the amazing view whilst sitting. They are not on view to the front facade.
    Could the president or other residence stop us making that small change.
    Thank you.

Hello Stephanie,

Yes, they could certainly stop you.

You need to get the authorization of the Community of Owners to do such modification in the Windows, as the appearance of the building will be affected. Also, a license from the Town hall will be required as they are external windows.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile