Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the company Resale Strategy legitimate?

Unregistered

Default David

Sorry for the delay I have been in Dubai, I received a call from Godiva Marketing, at first I was very aware of many scams in Spain, but I had my property on the market for a long time. They even gave me advice on my mortgage and how to nagotiate a better deal with the bank, this saved me 400 per month, they were very helpful and saved me a lot of money and time. At the end of the day it worked for me, does not mean it will work for you. I sold the property below the market price, and took the offer.

I wish you all good luck.

Dave

I've been contacted by resale strategy as well, oddly enough they got hold of my home address. They had problems sending me emails and although the guy "David" was very helpful answering all my questions I still have doubts that they are for real. I've not found anywhere on this site or any other site of anyone that has used them and managed to make a sale except for "DAvid S" whose 2 line post was very vague and never replied to the questions. All in all, stay away, this site is just after desperate sellers who will do anything to get rid of their property, there are lots out there so they know the game.
    It will be good to hear from either david s or anyone that has registered and sold sucessfully

Unregistered

Interesting to read the differing replies, fair point made by Gareth, but not many people backing Resale Strategy. Gareth can you blame people for being cautious afterall in such a small forum the name Dave has cropped up a few times...............hold on a second what was the name of the chap that rang me ..............Dave!!!!

Steve H.......... the company is registered in Coventry, but when I spoke to Dave he told me they are in Birmingham by Perry Barr dog track, the telephone number is a Bham area code and NOT Coventry

We have been contacted by them and told exactly the same as you guys, we have 2 properties and they offered the 2nd one at £495. After reading the contract t&c's the refund bit is very vague..............it says something like as long as they get an offer in the 12 month period!!!!!! what is the definition of the offer??.........perhaps one of them would get their mother to put an offer in and then pull out!!!!!!!!!!! does that then mean bang goes the refund?????

Sid J

Unregistered

Hi Sid, tell me have you tried the system? How long has your property been on the market, any viewings etc. Do you actualy understand teh law in Spain, if you pay by credit card you secured, because of all teh time share scams in Spain, companies now have to pay large deposits, they get more than 1 complaint they lose the machine and there deposit.

I can understand you complaining if they ripped you off, but have they? Maybe thsi system does work but people like you saying bad things with out trying it out does not help. I did work for them and saw no wrong doings, I have now moved over to key lounges and we are moving forward.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting to read the differing replies, fair point made by Gareth, but not many people backing Resale Strategy. Gareth can you blame people for being cautious afterall in such a small forum the name Dave has cropped up a few times...............hold on a second what was the name of the chap that rang me ..............Dave!!!!

Steve H.......... the company is registered in Coventry, but when I spoke to Dave he told me they are in Birmingham by Perry Barr dog track, the telephone number is a Bham area code and NOT Coventry

We have been contacted by them and told exactly the same as you guys, we have 2 properties and they offered the 2nd one at £495. After reading the contract t&c's the refund bit is very vague..............it says something like as long as they get an offer in the 12 month period!!!!!! what is the definition of the offer??.........perhaps one of them would get their mother to put an offer in and then pull out!!!!!!!!!!! does that then mean bang goes the refund?????

Sid J

Gareth

Check my posting which you quoted & I think you'll find I did a lot of thinking and checking before I spoke. I have reported checkable facts, asked one question and given a considered opinion.
    I'll ask another question; Do you know anyone who uses the name David & who is connected to either of these companies?

Sid J
    Methinks the dog track is more likely to offer a return on investment than any pay-up-front scheme. I agree entirely with your assessment of the likely escape from refunds, Sid, & a good spot on the phone number.
    I am waiting for Ms Burton to make her promised call to me, during which I hope she will tell me exactly where she got my details from.

Resale Strategy & Godiva Marketing don't appear to be in touch with what each other is doing because I still have people from both sides trying to get me to sell through them. The email I got from Emma Burton at Godiva this morning, following her phone call, (during which she was surprised to hear I'd sent her an email four days ago, sent in reply to one of hers) states:
    "The fee required for our services is a one off payment of approx. 1150 euros which covers a small amount towards advertising, key holding, inspection visits, cleaning etc etc."
    She goes on the explain that the target markets are Russia, the Middle East & the UK.
    The figure quoted is more than the 990 euros which Resale Strategy quoted and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the reliability of financial dealings with either of the first two targets, which were also specified by Resale Strategy.

Steve

Unregistered

DIRECTOR DETAILS for Resale Strategy Ltd
    Name: MARILYN SANDRA JACK Personal Details. Reveals personal credit status, Voters Roll, CCJs, bankruptcy, linked addresses, and any adverse records in relation to running non-incorporated businesses.
    Date of Birth: 1/01/1940
    Address: PUEBLO TORREQUEBRADA BENALMADENA
    Nationality: BRITISH

The notion that your credit card payment would be safe is rubbish. Your payment could be credited to a merchant in Kryzikistan as a cash advance and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Godiva Marketing Ltd is shown at Companies House as dissolved or receiver/liquidator appointed. the directors were DIRECTORS
    Director JASON MORAN
    Address 70 STEVENSON ROAD KERSLEY COVENTRY CV6 2JW
    Director RAJ THAKOR
    Address 1 CANAS COURT CANNOCKS LANE COVENTRY CV4 7JN

Unregistered

Default What are you on?

Godiva Marketing is a SL and not LTD, if you check the web site it clearly has Godiva Marketing SL and not LTD, maybe you should check the web site before you post. Don´t you have nothing better to do? Resale Strategy is LTD.

DIRECTOR DETAILS for Resale Strategy Ltd
    Name: MARILYN SANDRA JACK Personal Details. Reveals personal credit status, Voters Roll, CCJs, bankruptcy, linked addresses, and any adverse records in relation to running non-incorporated businesses.
    Date of Birth: 1/01/1940
    Address: PUEBLO TORREQUEBRADA BENALMADENA
    Nationality: BRITISH

The notion that your credit card payment would be safe is rubbish. Your payment could be credited to a merchant in Kryzikistan as a cash advance and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Godiva Marketing Ltd is shown at Companies House as dissolved or receiver/liquidator appointed. the directors were DIRECTORS
    Director JASON MORAN
    Address 70 STEVENSON ROAD KERSLEY COVENTRY CV6 2JW
    Director RAJ THAKOR
    Address 1 CANAS COURT CANNOCKS LANE COVENTRY CV4 7JN

Unregistered

Angry aj

Having read your entries I think I have been taken for a mug . Wish I had known the information you have posted before I committed cash to Godiva Marketing/resale strategy . I was contacted towards the end of last year to sell my property with an upfront payment . I was suspicous but weighed things up and I did want to sell my property . I was sent a " contract" and this was returned before Christmas . Since then I have been continuously trying to get my details(including pictures) on to their website . Despite repeatedly telling them that my property was not appearing on their web site and asking them how , where etc they are marketing my property I have not had a response.I have had e.mails to say they have been having problems with their website are were making some technical adjustments . However the e.mails were always signed off by "administrator" and not by any named individual .I suspect I am not going to get any proper response . Anyone got any ideas as to where or to who I should send a complaint?

Unregistered

Default godivamarketing.com

Registrant:
    ronald charles hall
    local 1, edifico torremar
    avienda alay,
    benalmadena costa, Malaga 29630
    ES

Domain name: GODIVAMARKETING.COM

Unregistered

Default Scammers

If you owned a company providing a legitimate business service in Spain and websites like this were full of postings saying you were a scammer - then wouldn't you expect the outraged business owner to come online and say "hey, wait a minute, my name is so and so, this is where I can be found, and these people are lying". Look at Godivamarketing website. Do you see an address? A phone number? A name? I wonder why not. And they think that by posting drivel by an anonymous "satisfied customer" that one is supposed to nod and say "oh well, it must be allright then".

Unregistered

I sold my property with resale strategy 2 months ago, they acting very profesional and kept ther side of the contract. I hope you all the success I had. David S
    Rubbish - who do you work for