Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Legal Services

Titia

Thumbs down Scam

I have also been contacted by Van Mill Y Lopez today. The first time was also after a cold call in February. My story is the same as the ones above. They offered me money today and said that it has already been to court and that we could get our money (20000 euros) if we first pay 2000 euros for lawercosts and that they will pay within 8 workingdays if the money we have to pay them is on their bankaccount. I personally don't trust it at all, I want to believe, because I want my money back. But if we first have to pay money, I won't do it! 2 a 3 times a year some malifide scam companies call us that they can sell our timeshare or pretend to be a lawyer. They will call me back tomorrow.

Default First Legal Services

Dear Lawbird Lawyer I have been telephoned by First Legal Services at the address given by Glyn on 06-24-2009 with a similar offer regarding timeshare sales losses I have encountered. I objected to the cold call but agreed to them sending information via e-mail. In your comment you said that the name of their lawyers does not appear on their webpage. In the information I have received they give the name of a leading law firm: Gabinete Marbella y Asociados, Senior Partner - Roberto Herero (Abogado) License no. 80220. In view of comments by other posts, would be interested in any further advice. I have been 'caught' twice by rogue companies and wish I had NEVER become involved in time share!
    Last edited by Roseland; 11-13-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Administrator

In the past, all companies cold calling people offering legal services to recover timeshare moneys turned out to be nothing but scams, no matther if they quoted Spanish registered lawyers or not.

I have sent an email to Gabinete Marbella y Asociados enquiring about their involvement with First Legal Services, and have given them the URL to this thread. It would be good to hear what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseland View Post
    Dear Lawbird Lawyer I have been telephoned by First Legal Services at the address given by Glyn on 06-24-2009 with a similar offer regarding timeshare sales losses I have encountered. I objected to the cold call but agreed to them sending information via e-mail. In your comment you said that the name of their lawyers does not appear on their webpage. In the information I have received they give the name of a leading law firm: Gabinete Marbella y Asociados, Senior Partner - Roberto Herero (Abogado) License no. 80220. In view of comments by other posts, would be interested in any further advice. I have been 'caught' twice by rogue companies and wish I had NEVER become involved in time share!
    Dear Roseland,

When I replied to Glyn on the 26th June 2009 there was no lawyer mentioned on their website. This has also happened last week with another company.

They added this lawyer's name months later (In October I think). They claim to be outsourcing the litigation cases over to another company.

The outsourced company, "Gabinete Marbella y Asociados SL", to the best of my knowledge is a "gestorÃ*a" or "gabinete", not a law firm (they are not an S.L.P.):

http://www.midocumentacion.com/quién-somos/

The lawyer you mention on your post exists and is duly registered to practice by Madrid's Law Society.

As written above by Admin, our website has been around for over a decade now. In the span of these ten years every single company that acted on the same way as First Legal Services turned out to be a scam, with no exceptions.

The way it works out is as follows:

1. These companies are recently incorporated. Most often than not, there isn't even a company incorporated, only a newly registered website which at most is 3 months old.

2. They hire no Spanish registered lawyers. Their workers (the ones that cold-call you) are normally ex-timeshare agents which are excellent at closing deals. They will label themselves as Legal Advisors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Senior Legal Adsvisors etc but never as lawyers.

3. They mislead those that they target into thinking they are a legitimate Spanish law firm.

4. They cold-call timeshare investors using the data bases belonging to the timesehare companies that scammed these clients in the first place either because they purchaed it or because they themselves are ex-employees or have acquaintances. This breaches Spain's Data Protection Act. What you should ask yourself is why would a timsehare company disclose your contact details over to a new company which is going to sue them unless they knew that the new company wasn't going to do anything about it, of course. Spanish law firms never cold-call people. Someone appropriately labelled this yeras ago as "the scam of the scam". Some people have fallen more than 5 times for it through different companies which always offer to sue the ones before and claim back the money.

5. In ten over years I've never met anyone who has recovered their money through any of these companies. Do you know anyone?

6. These litigation cases are in their majority a waste of time and money as the timesehare companies will invariably have no assets, so its throwing away good money after bad litigating. And this is when they actually do outsource someone to litigate, which is normally not the case. i.e. European Mediation Limited, Legal Advice Counsel, European Legal Services etc.

European Mediation Limited also added later (after a thread on them was started on our webiste) on their website a Fuengirola law firm to whom they supposedly outsourced legal work to. This company was wounded up by the UK Authorities in the Public Interest. You can read more on them on this thread: Belegal forum thread

Bottomline, from the moment you receive a cold-call these people are breaching the law and they know it. How can you build a professional relation
    of trust if it starts already illegaly as per Spain's laws?

Shouldn't you be asking yourself on why legitimate Spanish law firms don't work like this? It's always these new companies that have been set up over the last months which never have in-house lawyers working for them that cold-call you.

If you want to hire such companies we will not deter you.

My advice is that if you want to litigate or hire any legal service in Spain is that you do it only through legitimate Spanish law firms (S.L.P.'s) who will employ only Spanish registered lawyers. Besides, only Spanish registered lawyers have Professional Indemnity Insurance and are members of one of the regional Law Societies and have to abide by their rules.

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 11-16-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Dear Lawbird Lawyer

Grateful thanks for your excellent advice which I am sure will be of great benefit to other members. It is all much as I expected and I have no intention of contacting them further.

Roseland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawbird Lawyer View Post
    Dear Roseland,

When I replied to Glyn on the 26th June 2009 there was no lawyer mentioned on their website. This has also happened last week with another company.

They added this lawyer's name months later (In October I think). They claim to be outsourcing the litigation cases over to another company.

The outsourced company, "Gabinete Marbella y Asociados SL", to the best of my knowledge is a "gestorÃ*a" or "gabinete", not a law firm (they are not an S.L.P.):

http://www.midocumentacion.com/quién-somos/

The lawyer you mention on your post exists and is duly registered to practice by Madrid's Law Society.

As written above by Admin, our website has been around for over a decade now. In the span of these ten years every single company that acted on the same way as First Legal Services turned out to be a scam, with no exceptions.

The way it works out is as follows:

1. These companies are recently incorporated. Most often than not, there isn't even a company incorporated, only a newly registered website which at most is 3 months old.

2. They hire no Spanish registered lawyers. Their workers (the ones that cold-call you) are normally ex-timeshare agents which are excellent at closing deals. They will label themselves as Legal Advisors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Senior Legal Adsvisors etc but never as lawyers.

3. They mislead those that they target into thinking they are a legitimate Spanish law firm.

4. They cold-call timeshare investors using the data bases belonging to the timesehare companies that scammed these clients in the first place either because they purchaed it or because they themselves are ex-employees or have acquaintances. This breaches Spain's Data Protection Act. What you should ask yourself is why would a timsehare company disclose your contact details over to a new company which is going to sue them unless they knew that the new company wasn't going to do anything about it, of course. Spanish law firms never cold-call people. Someone appropriately labelled this yeras ago as "the scam of the scam". Some people have fallen more than 5 times for it through different companies which always offer to sue the ones before and claim back the money.

5. In ten over years I've never met anyone who has recovered their money through any of these companies. Do you know anyone?

6. These litigation cases are in their majority a waste of time and money as the timesehare companies will invariably have no assets, so its throwing away good money after bad litigating. And this is when they actually do outsource someone to litigate, which is normally not the case. i.e. European Mediation Limited, Legal Advice Counsel, European Legal Services etc.

European Mediation Limited also added later (after a thread on them was started on our webiste) on their website a Fuengirola law firm to whom they supposedly outsourced legal work to. This company was wounded up by the UK Authorities in the Public Interest. You can read more on them on this thread: Belegal forum thread

Bottomline, from the moment you receive a cold-call these people are breaching the law and they know it. How can you build a professional relation
    of trust if it starts already illegaly as per Spain's laws?

Shouldn't you be asking yourself on why legitimate Spanish law firms don't work like this? It's always these new companies that have been set up over the last months which never have in-house lawyers working for them that cold-call you.

If you want to hire such companies we will not deter you.

My advice is that if you want to litigate or hire any legal service in Spain is that you do it only through legitimate Spanish law firms (S.L.P.'s) who will employ only Spanish registered lawyers. Besides, only Spanish registered lawyers have Professional Indemnity Insurance and are members of one of the regional Law Societies and have to abide by their rules.

Yours faithfully,

Elle

Default Further to First Legal Services.

I read with interest about First Legal Services. They first contacted me one year ago regarding a fraudulent offer from European Resales Malaga to sell our timeshare (many years ago), which we foolishly believed and went along with. First Legal Services offered to reclaim all monies if we paid them up front, which we declined to do. They tried to persuade us with great claims of success etc. However, we strongly told them no thanks. I have just this week received a call from Lesley Morgan representing a company called Rodriguez Fernando y Sharpirez of Fuengirola, who say they wish to pursue this same claim, and are looking for an up front payment of 188.50 Euros. I have looked up their web site and it all looks quite professional but I feel I am still smelling a rat. Have you heard of this Legal company?

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    I read with interest about First Legal Services. They first contacted me one year ago regarding a fraudulent offer from European Resales Malaga to sell our timeshare (many years ago), which we foolishly believed and went along with. First Legal Services offered to reclaim all monies if we paid them up front, which we declined to do. They tried to persuade us with great claims of success etc. However, we strongly told them no thanks. I have just this week received a call from Lesley Morgan representing a company called Rodriguez Fernando y Sharpirez of Fuengirola, who say they wish to pursue this same claim, and are looking for an up front payment of 188.50 Euros. I have looked up their web site and it all looks quite professional but I feel I am still smelling a rat. Have you heard of this Legal company?
    Dear Madam,

There's already a specific thread started on the "law firm" "Rodriguez, Fernando & Sharpierez":

Have received a phone call from Rodriguez Fernando y Sharpierez. Are they legal?

I disagree with you, their website does not look professional.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default ...

Interesting topic. Want to see more on what you guys think about this.

linda

Default hurting the People

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam I have been telephoned by First Legal Services, Edificio Costa del Sol, Benamara Dos Hermanas, Crta. DeCadiz km 168, Estepona, 29680, Malaga offering to take court action to recover timeshare sales losses. As my husband and I have been caught before by a 'cold call' we would like to find out if this is a legitimate and trustworthy firm. Thank you.
    I understand what you're saying I went on the internet looking for an honest lawyer and it the web of First Legal Services came up and received a call that this man could find me a good lawyer in my state or country with a monthly fee of 36.00 dollars and a 10.00 dollar down payment now Im thinking why should I pay anyone to look for a lawyer for me 2nd and still have to pay for the lawyer also? I don't think so Im not that desperate why do people keep trying to hurt one another and then take and rob from other people?