Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Parents status with spanish baby

  1. #1

    Exclamation Parents status with spanish baby


    This is writting to get some information please. My daughter born in spain. she is 5 year old. she got passport of spain. My question is On her behalf

    1. can we (parents and her two brothers) get passport also or COMUNITARIO residency on her behalf.
    2. can we settle in other eu country because i want to study her in norway or denmark. because my brothers are living at

    Thanks and awating ur response.

  2. #2


    Hello Razzak,

    If your daughter is now a Spanish citizen you can apply for the residence card based on Family settlement ( REGIMEN GENERAL ) , but not the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen, as I believe she got her Spanish nationality for residency ( as someone born in Spain ), after her first year. You can read about the requirements if this option here.

    If you wish to move to another EU country, you will have to check the particular Immigration rules of that country for EU citizens and their relatives. As your daughter is an EU citizen she will easily register there but her relatives nay find the requirements are different.

    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

+ Reply to Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts