Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Citizenship Through the Marriage

  1. #1

    Unhappy Citizenship Through the Marriage

    I heard that if I reside in Spain for 1 year with a partner, I will get a chance to obtain the citizenship. I can only extend my passport until 31/12/2019 due to my army obligation. So I would like to know when it will be the latest time for marriage in order to obtain the citizenship.

    P.S. do they also check the income of partner when I get the permit through marriage?

  2. #2



    You can be eligible for the Spanish nationality after one year residing in Spain as the spouse or registered partner of a Spanish citizen. The financial and work situation is certainly an important part of the residence card application. The Spanish citizen must have sufficient income to support him/herself and his/her partner.

    You can check the relevant information about the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen clicking here.

    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

+ Reply to Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts