Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Korean entering Spain?

Question Korean entering Spain?

Dear All,

I am a british citizen currently living in spain, hold an NIE and currently registered as a non-resident (have not been here the full 6 months yet to claim residency).
    I have a south korean girlfriend that would very much want to move to and live with me in spain, is this at all possible?

What we be required to allow her to live in spain full time?

Me first becoming resident?
    me and her getting married?

I really have no idea if it is at all possible for her to move here permanently and would appreciate some basic advice before going further with hiring legal services, can someone me please?

Rgds,
    Alistair

HerbeMannABg

Default Korean entering Spain

well yes hello
    im also an australian seeking to live and work in spain and i have the same legal situation pretty much as kylie only in addition that i am also a chilean citizen and speak fluent spanish.

i would appreciate any help.
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alistair1965 View Post
    Dear All,

I am a british citizen currently living in spain, hold an NIE and currently registered as a non-resident (have not been here the full 6 months yet to claim residency).
    I have a south korean girlfriend that would very much want to move to and live with me in spain, is this at all possible?

What we be required to allow her to live in spain full time?

Me first becoming resident?
    me and her getting married?

I really have no idea if it is at all possible for her to move here permanently and would appreciate some basic advice before going further with hiring legal services, can someone me please?

Rgds,
    Alistair
    Hello Alistair

For you to take your girlfriend to reside with you, you first need to be a resident in Spain. Once you register as a resident, you can ask your girlfriend to enter Spain on a short stay visa and register as Law partners, so your relationship is valid for the Immigration authorities. Well, you can either register as Law partners or marry, but the latter takes longer.

She can apply for the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen based on your partnership. You can check out the official information about the requirements and procedure for the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen application here.

The card will allow her reside and work in Spain during 5 years.

Feel free to contact us by email if you wish to discuss your case in detail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile