Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Mother was born in Spanish protectorate of Morocco, can I apply for a passport?

Default Mother was born in Spanish protectorate of Morocco, can I apply for a passport?

Dear Sir\Madam,

My mother was born in Tetouan while it was still under the Spanish protectorate of Morocco (we have the birth certificate), can I apply for a Spanish passport? If so, what would be the best way to go about it?

Thank you in Advance,

Dov

Unregistered

Default Similar issue

Anyone knows something about the question above?
    Thanks Dov for asking

Hello Dov

I recommend you to contact a Law firm that can study the case in particular. It is important to know the circumstances of the birth ( did your mother ever get a Spanish passport ?) and whether your grandparents were also born in Spain or in Morocco.

There is extensive Case Law in connection with those individuals born in Tetouan while it was a Spanish colony and each case is valued separately. In principle, you could consider Spanish Nationality by Option of by residency after one year legal residency in Spain, but it is imperative to study the case and check the documentation at the Civil Registry.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile