Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Immigration Query

Default Immigration Query

I am writing to enquire whether you can help me with my situation.
    I am a Zambian female holding only a Zambian passport. I was issued with a tourist visa for 33 days last year to attend a short course with Oxford House ( Teaching English as a foreign language ) in Barcelona Spain. Regrettably I overstayed my Visa by 44 days as I fell ill and had to reschedule my course to the next in take. I am now back in Lusaka Zambia.
    However, whilst in Barcelona I met my partner, we are scheduled to get married this May and he would love for me to join him. My partner is a Spanish resident of Senegalese origin.*
    Kindly advise what our options are available to us if any and the needed documentation*

Hello MonahZed

If you are getting married in Spain, you will need a visa to fly to Spain and get married. Your partner might be able to get an invitation letter from the Police Station.

Once married, you will be eligible for the Family reunion residence permit, that must be filed by your spouse and it requires you to go back to Zambia as once the application is approved, the embassy must stamp the relevant residence visa on your passport to enter Spain as a resident and formalize the card application at the relevant Police Station.

Your spouse will have the prepare a set of documents to apply for the Family reunion residence permit, and some of these include documentation regarding his work and financial status.

You can click on this link to learn more about the specific requirements:

http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/...012/index.html

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia thank you for your reply and information.

We intend to get married in Zambia as we figured getting a VISA for me to fly to Spain would be difficult due to my overstating my Visa.