Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Prison System - Detained in Spain Help.

Default Spanish Prison System - Detained in Spain Help.

My boyfriend was detained in Malaga in December and has been sentenced to 6months in prison. He is an Irish citizen but does not have Spanish NIE. His only documentation is his European passport. He was in Malaga prison and they have now moved him to the prison in Ciudad Real. They have told him in prison that he will not be allowed an early release because he has no NIE number or Spanish identification, and also that he will not be allowed into third grade for the same reason....is this true? Is there any way that I can solicit early release or third grade for my boyfriend? If so, then what is the process?
    Thank you

Unregistered

Exclamation Prison in Spain. The Spanish are picking on brits as they are defenseless

Sorry I cannot offer more help on your matter, but I went on holiday to Spain last month and discovered several hotels that were immediately dangerous and some that were liable to have explosions.

I notified the authorities and British Embassy & tour operators, but was suddenly arrested for 'assaulting a police officer' when he jumped on me and then assaulted me to grab my computer and iPhone. I was given a 6 month prison sentence suspended for two years + 900 euro fine and came back home to the UK.

I have now been summoned to appear this Friday to the court in Spain to answer further charges of Libel Slander and Columny. I fear that they are either going to incarcerate me for years or I might 'disappear'. The photos and reports I have made show detailed information regarding the standards that Spain have to-with potential international consequences as they are dangerous hotels. The Spanish Government has done a lot to shut me up, but I need help from as many supporters as possible as I am just a retired disable engineer who cannot stand by when thousands of innocent people could die. Yours, Sue Seers

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    My boyfriend was detained in Malaga in December and has been sentenced to 6months in prison. He is an Irish citizen but does not have Spanish NIE. His only documentation is his European passport. He was in Malaga prison and they have now moved him to the prison in Ciudad Real. They have told him in prison that he will not be allowed an early release because he has no NIE number or Spanish identification, and also that he will not be allowed into third grade for the same reason....is this true? Is there any way that I can solicit early release or third grade for my boyfriend? If so, then what is the process?
    Thank you
    Hi Rebecca,

The fact that he hasnĀ“t got a NIE is no reason to block his option to an early release. It is in most probability a matter of residential status, as the Third grade is related to a permit to get out of prison allowing him to serve the prison time out of prison, but it is not a reduction of the 6 months. As he has no residence status or settlement background on Spain, the authorities suspect he may want to leave the country and elope.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

hi Pat, ive here 6 months waiting for my visa to be process by someone on behalf of my company, just to find out he dont process anything, is it still possibilitirs that i can be legal here? or if im going back to Asia what document i need since im overstayed here? will really appreciated your help. thanks

Hello Miles

If you have overstayed your visa, you are now in an irregular situation and there is no chance to revert that unless you go back to Asia and get a new visa to come back to Spain.

If you stay in Spain , taking the risk it involves, you will be able to apply for Residency By Settlement after 3 years continuous stay and providing you have a work offer. You can read more about this type of application here.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Sorry to hear that, but you do like your boyfriend.
    Last edited by noah89; 09-18-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Here is a good news for those interested. There is away you can earn money without stress contact (Sarkpaya Gokhan) for a blank [ATM CARD]today and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine anywhere in the world. I got my master card from a good Hacker on the internet, with this ATM Card I am able to collect $5000 dollars every day via contacts: +1 (512)456-8948
    I was very poor but this card have made me rich and happy, If you want to get this opportunity to become rich then apply for this Master card, I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $240,000.00 dollars SARKPAYA GOKHAN Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy and he ALSO OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. get yours from Sarkpaya Gokhan Hackers today. Kindly contact them by