My boyfriend was detained in Malaga in December and has been sentenced to 6months in prison. He is an Irish citizen but does not have Spanish NIE. His only documentation is his European passport. He was in Malaga prison and they have now moved him to the prison in Ciudad Real. They have told him in prison that he will not be allowed an early release because he has no NIE number or Spanish identification, and also that he will not be allowed into third grade for the same this true? Is there any way that I can solicit early release or third grade for my boyfriend? If so, then what is the process?
Thank you