Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Visit Visa or Regimen Comunitario for entry/exit

Hybrid View

Question Visit Visa or Regimen Comunitario for entry/exit

Hello, i am married to Spanish citizen and successfuly completed my residency documents and recently i have received my "Regimen Comunitario" card.
    And now i have both the Regimen comunitario card valid for 5 years and my visit schengen visa (Type-C) is also still valid for another 1 year.

I'm now living outside Spain and travel to their frequently. and also planing to apply for citizenship after 1 year as per the law.

My questions is: at my next entry/exit in Spain which better to use, the visit visa or the regimen comunitario card ?
    knowing that in the future when i'm applying for the citizenship, i want to show that i have been resident in Spain 1 year even if i am outside Spain.

Regards.

Hello IslamAnwar

As a resident that you are now, I recommend you to show your residence card when re-entering Spain.

No matter the document you show when you enter, your details will be recorded at customs.

You can apply for the Spanish Nationality once you have completed one year legal residency and the Civil Registry won´t check the entry stamps on your passport; that is something the Immigration office will do when you apply for a PR after 5 years.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thank you for your reply, i still have a small doubt.
    You said:
    You can apply for the Spanish Nationality once you have completed one year legal residency
    does 1 year residency = 1 year stay ?
    Means i can stay outside spain but my residency card completed 1 year then apply for nationality?

For you to be considered a resident, you need to spend at least 6 months a year in Spain.

Being out of the country for 12 consecutive months leads to a cancellation of your residence card.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile