Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Can an Illegal immigrant study in Spain

Default Can an Illegal immigrant study in Spain

Hello,

I am living in Spain from more than 2 years and I would like to study in the University. Is it possible to get admission and continue my studies? Also I have living in Spain from almost 3 years but I only have empadronamiento from last 1 year and 9 months. I do have lease contract from my landlord on my name from last 2 years and 5 months. I did not had my passport before to get registered. Can you help me to prove my stay in Spain and to continue my studies.

Kind Regards

Priya

Hello Priya

I understand that you are in Spain in an irregular situation. In this case, you cannot access University studies until you have been granted a Student visa and this involves you having to go back to your country as the application is to be filed via the Spanish consular office in your country.

You can stay in Spain (taking the risk to be deported) and keep gathering all the evidences you can to prove at least 3 years continued residence in Spain. Once you have that and you have also secured a work offer, you will be able to apply for a residence permit by Settlement, called Arraigo Familiar in Spanish, and this can be filed at the provincial Immigration office. It is very important to have been empadronado for at least 3 years though if you have sound evidences of 3 years stay, this fact might be less relevant.

A Law firm cannot help you gather documentation to prove your stay but can advice concerning the suitability of the documentation you have to date.

If you wish to discuss your case further, do not hesitate to drop us an email.

Regards,
    Last edited by Patricia; 02-08-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your reply. I would like to know if Immigration officer can accept the lease agreement as proof of stay and I also have many people from different part of the world including Spanish who can give statement that they know me from certain time as proof. Regarding empadronado, I have empadronado from almost 2 years. Is there anyway I can apply on these available documents. There are many people who say I can not apply without 3 years empadronado that is why I want to confirm you.

Kind Regards

Priya

Hello Priya

The more evidences you have, the better, and this can include lease agreements. However, the fact that you have met many people during your stay may not be relevant, as the town hall does not arrange interviews to people for that end. Being empadronado for two years is fine as long as you have solid and accurate evidences of your stay in Spain during the previous year.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile