Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Marriage to Spanish Citizen

Hybrid View

Default Marriage to Spanish Citizen

Hi, I have been married for 23 years to a Spanish citizen. He has an EU Passport as do our 3 children, we also have the family book which has our marriage and the children's births all recorded in it. The issue is we are ALL also Australian citizens by birth and have always resided in Australia. We are considering moving to Spain in the future and I would like to know if I can get a residence visa - obviously my family wouldn't require anything as they already have citizenship but where do I stand...?

Hello Otero

If you plan to reside in Spain for more than 6 months a year, you can apply for the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen once you are in Spain. The main documentation your will be asked to provide is a fresh marriage certificate, duly legalized and translated into Spanish ( in case it is not a Spanish certificate ), photocopy of the Libro de Familia, and proof of your financial situation in Spain; that is, sources of income.

The application is filed in person at the corresponding Immigration office. Resolutions are issued fairly quick, within a month approximately.

You can read more information here.

Please feel free to contact us in case you wight to discuss your particular situation further.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile