Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Tarjeta Comunitaria - Nacionalidad Española

Unregistered

Post Tarjeta Comunitaria - Nacionalidad Española

Hi Team,

I am originally from the USA. I am living in Spain for last almost 7 years. My father has received the Spanish nationality and since I was dependent on him, I received the Tarjeta Communitaria (Regimen Communitario) con character Permanente.

Background: Originally I came to Spain when I was 17 years old. Before having Tarjeta Communitaria, I had Tarjeta Residencia Larga Duracion. I am 24 years Old now.

My question is - Does having this new card (Tarjeta Communitaria) gives me any benefit in terms of applying for the Spanish nationality? I know that in general, one has to wait 10 years before he or she can apply for the Spanish nationality. But in my case, since my father is Spanish now, and I have this new car, Does this make any difference? Or would I still have to wait for another 3 years before applying for the Spanish nationality?

Thanks for your help!
    Alex

Unregistered

Default Tarjeta Comunitaria - Nacionalidad Española

Hello Patricia,

Can you please shed some light on the matter described above?

Thank you,
    Alex

Hello Alex

As you are already over 18 and not dependent on your father, you no longer meet the requirements for Spanish Nationality by option rout. Also if I understood it correctly, your father accessed Spanish Nationality by Residency and not as being Spanish by Origins. This means you need to wait to complete 10 years of legal residence status in Spain before applying for the Spanish Nationality. Holding a regimen comunitario residency status has no effect on the Spanish Nationality eligibility.

I trust this answer has been of help.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

hy

i am 29 year old my name is amir my father is spanish national and my mother ans sister hav residency card m living then can i apply fr familiar arraigo after 2 years? reply please thnkx

Hello Amir

Arraigo Familiar is only applicable to children of Spanish citizens, providing the parent is originally Spanish. That is, your father would have accessed the Spanish citizenship based on Spanish ancestry and not by means of residency.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile