Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: illegal property

Default illegal property

In 2001 we had a new property built in axarquia Spain. We employed a bonafide law firm to complete the conveyance. All went well and all paperwork was issued and signed / stamped as required. However since the scandal that evolved around 2008 It came to light that our property was built on a plot of land that had been segregated and therefore illegal and that all the documentation is not legal. Without going through the ramblings. My question is , has anybody had a similar experience and what responsibilty does the law firm have. I am sure that they did everything as they had always done it but this time it backfired.

Hello cortoboy 56

The correct course of action here is to report the lawyer for malpractice, at the relevant Bar of Association and also file a claim at the Insurance company covering professional negligence claims that the particular lawyer must have contracted to be able to practice his profession.

If you wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to drop us an email.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thank you patricia, I have contacted the law firm and am waiting for there representative to return from holiday on 15th aug. I would like to discuss this further with you. Do you have your email.

thank you