Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Processing time of visa

Default Processing time of visa

Hi im new here,

I am currently in spain on student visa and want marry my girlfriend but i dont know about processing time of residence visa in Granada or in general or whole paper work anything will be appreciated?

Thanks in advance,,

Saludos Amira

Hello Amira

You do not mention your girlfriendĀ“s nationality, nor yours. In the event she is Spanish, she can just approach the local Civil Registry and get a list of the documentation required to apply for the marriage authorization, that will include birth certificates, marital status certificates and town Hall registrations ( a registration certificate issued by the Town hall indicating that at least one of you live in town ) in all probability.

If she does not speak Spanish, I recommend you to hire an interpreter or ask a friend who speaks the language to help translate the list of documents. Once all the documents required are ready to be filed at the Civil Registry, you must get an appointment to file them and then wait for them to contact you to give you a possible date for the wedding. If you are both foreigners, they may appoint you for an interview prior to that.

One married, the Spanish certificate will be the core document of your residence card application, but not the only one. You can read here exact information about the residence card application as the relative of an EU citizen. ( I am assuming your partner is an EU national ). If this is not the case, please clarify, as the procedure is different.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

I am so sorry for being late, was so busy Patricia, and about my girlfriend from Spain and native one also i feel didnt clarify more like you said and what i mean by marriage is civil union because i heard the real marriage needs alot of time, paper work, reservation to to halls and etc...and will explain you more my situation im currently on my student visa and i have nearly 6 months to expire so want to start from scratch, also im wondering is there minimum months to stay in spain before start this application?

Hello Amira

The requirements to register a Law Partners will be very similar, but the procedure is quicker generally speaking. You need to get a list of requirements from the town hall. You can do that anytime, no need to stay in Spain for a minimum amount of time though some town halls requires you have been registered ( empadronada ) for at least two years.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thank you very much Patricia, but dont have any idea or any link to ministries of spain for requirements, also if you know which province is easiest to obtain residencia ?

I hope didnt bother you with alot of questions,

God bless you and make your life easier and better,,,