Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Cant get cita previa even after 1 month of my student visa expired, should I worry?

Default Cant get cita previa even after 1 month of my student visa expired, should I worry?

Hi all,
    I am here on a student visa. My course lasted for 2 years & my first visa valid until 15th of may 2016.
    I had been trying to get cita previa to extend my student visa from more less 1 month before expiry date until now.
    I got 1 actually but i read the date wrong so I missed it.

Now ive been trying everyday to get the appointment and still no luck.
    Should I worry? and should I use the agency to get the appointment?
    Thanx

Hello Ronald

You must keep on trying or go there in person to apply for it.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I went to the office directly but the policemen / receptionist said the only way to apply is online.
    Friend of mine went to Badalona (even though her location is Barcelona), and also got rejected.

Moreover, i heard a rumor that you can go to Hospital Llobregat early in the morning, get in line, and they have few slots (I heard 10) for someone without appointment, I dont know if this is true or not.

Anyway, I got the appointment finally on 19th of July, and from 1 article I found it says "one can start applying for the extension of NIE 2 months before expiry date up until 3 months of expiry date"

Good luck with the application. I believe you can apply up to 3 months after expiry, but you need to be careful if you decide to leave the country. You will need permission from the local police department to re-enter!