Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Non-Lucrative Residence Visa as an Online Entrepreneur

Exclamation Non-Lucrative Residence Visa as an Online Entrepreneur

I am looking into applying for a non-lucrative residence visa in Spain in order to eventually apply for citizenship.

I have questions and clarifications regarding the application:

1. I am an online entrepreneur. I am a citizen of the Philippines and my online business is set up in Asia with customers mainly from the U.S. (my business does NOT do transactions in Spain, nor will it ever be) so I believe that it's fine for me to go for a non-lucrative residence visa application and NOT a self-employment visa. (I prefer not to go through the self-employment or entreprenurial visa since I do not plan to do business in Spain nor set up my business there). Is it correct for me to pursue a non-lucrative residence visa?

2. Also, if I were accepted and as a resident, will I be taxed later on for the earnings that I get from my online business that operates abroad? I hope not...?

And some minor questions especially for Filipinos who had to go through the same process or for anyone who's knowledgeable...

1. For medical/health insurance company accredited in Spain, does anyone know the list of companies in the Philippines that I can avail this from?
    2. It is said that all documents need to be translated by a recognized Spanish translator. Where can I find this traductor jurado?
    3. If I was a resident of a foreign country the past year, do I need to show a police clearance as well from that country?

Is there a reason you'd like the non-lucrative residence visa instead of the entepreneur's visa? Also, do you meet the savings requirement to show you have enough to support yourself while you're there for the visa period?