Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Please someone help me for my Immigration Status in Spain

Default Spain resident card

Do I qualify for EU fees on spanish resident card if I wanna study in Uk ?
    Last edited by avesh6994; 05-14-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Hello avesh6994

You can apply for Spanish Residency by Settlement ( Permiso de Residencia por Arraigo Social ) after three years in an irregular situation as long as you can show evidences of those three years: Empadronamiento, invoices, supply bills in your name, rental contracts, insurance policies, courses, etc, as well as a work offer, or a business plan ( in case you wish to be a self-employed worker ), authorized by a Self Employed Traders Association.

Once you hold a legal status in Spain, you will have access to the Schengen States, but be reminded that if your intention is to remain in Ireland for more than 90 days, you will have to apply for the corresponding permit at the relevant Irish Immigration authorities.

You mention your relatives are already registered residents in Spain. If you depend on them financially, your parents can apply for a Family Reunion ( Reagrupacion Familiar ) permit for you. You can read here information about the different options I just mentioned:

Arraigo Social
    Reagrupacion Familiar

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Good luck Avesh!

Hola Patricia and all. I am from non EU country. So if i am living in Spain for 3 years on a student visa or illegally, whatever/however, are you saying that after 3 years i can apply to stay in Spain long term legally by applying for a 'Spanish residency by settlement'?

Gracias, Gregorio.

Hello Gregorio

The 'Spanish residency by settlement' is an residence permit application that is included in the list of extraordinary situations; for instance remaining in Spain for at least 3 years uninterruptedly, being able to prove that fact with documented evidence, providing with a town hall report that acknowledges your integration in the Spanish society, and also proving you have secured a job position.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile