Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Nationality

Unregistered

Default Spanish Nationality

Hi Patricia
    I heard that it may take up to 2 years or so to process Spanish nationality. Upon submission of requirements at the civil registry, any ideas when the applicant will have to take the Spanish language and culture test? Do they make you take the test upon submission or do they make you take it after submitting? Also, during submission of the application form and couments, will they be interviewing the applicant immediately and how long does it take to submit documents? Your advise is appreciated!

Hello

Yes, I am afraid that Spanish nationality applications still take a long while to get processed despite the latest technical improvements .

Regarding the Language and Culture test, it is required in the last stages; not upon submission, though some time after submission you are appointed for an interview, where an exam is not taken; they mainly make inquiries to check your level of integration and the legal grounds on which your application is based.

Nationality applications based on residency can take up to two years to be completed.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile