Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Trying to transfer our UK driving licences to Spanish

Default Trying to transfer our UK driving licences to Spanish

My wife and I used a Gestore to apply to the DGT to transfer our UK driving licences to Spanish licences. We knew that the DGT only deliver licences by registered post, and also that they will not put a Buzon (mailbox) on the address. Our local Correos will not deliver mail without a Buzon number, so we were told they would be returned by Correos to the DGT. The Gestore agreed to collect them for us from the DGT when they had been returned. However, although DGT confirm they are available, our Gestore has so far failed to collect them.

DGT confirms that our new licences were posted to us on 5 October 2015, and we now have two emails from the DGT confirming they have been returned by Correos and are ready for collection.

Our Gestore repeatedly tells us they have not been returned to the DGT, claiming our emails from DGT are not correct. They claim they have telephoned, emailed and visited the DGT but they are still not available for us. We have become aware of numerous inconsistencies in what they are telling us, many of which we know are lies – for example they have lied about visiting DGT. Because of these lies and failures we have now lost all confidence in them.

Our temporary authorization to drive expires in just over 3 weeks, and I do not believe our Gestore has any intention to collect them within this timescale, or even at all.

DGT have told us we cannot collect them ourselves because the application was made through the Colegio de Gestores. We urgently need to change this so we can collect our licences ourselves. Please help us!
    Last edited by Phil; 11-17-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Hello Phil,

If your gestor still fails to collect them, you can report him to the regional Colegio de Gestores Administrativos so they give him a call to find out if he is failing to provide the service he was hired for and take the necessary steps. In the meantime, we recommend you to find another gestor, locally, that can assist.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile