Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Registering that I live in Mallorca

Default Registering that I live in Mallorca

Hello . I am now living permanently in Mallorca . I have informed the UK tax office as I own a property and must pay tax on my rental income .
    What must I do in Mallorca to register ? . I do not work ,I'm retired and I am supported by my husbands income . I have already got private health insurance .
    Do I need to register at the town hall or at a tax office to let them know I'm here ?
    Also do I need to fill a tax form in every year ?
    My driving licence is an UK one , is it necessary to change to a spanish one ?
    Many thanks

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sallyd View Post
    Hello . I am now living permanently in Mallorca . I have informed the UK tax office as I own a property and must pay tax on my rental income .
    What must I do in Mallorca to register ? . I do not work ,I'm retired and I am supported by my husbands income . I have already got private health insurance .
    Do I need to register at the town hall or at a tax office to let them know I'm here ?
    Also do I need to fill a tax form in every year ?
    My driving licence is an UK one , is it necessary to change to a spanish one ?
    Many thanks
    Also will I need to do a 720 form and when ?

Hello Sallyd,

If you intend to live permanently in Spain, I recommend you to get a Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union, that is a certificate that proves you are a resident in Spain. It is applied for at the National Police Station.

As a Spanish resident, you have the obligation to declare your worldwide income in Spain but you won´t be taxed twice as there are double Taxation treaties in place to avoid this. If your income is below 22,000 Euros per year, you have no obligation to file the Yearly Income Tax Declaration.

Your UK driving licence is valid in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thanks for such useful information and link. It is of great use !!