Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Majority Age Interpretation

Unregistered

Default Majority Age Interpretation

Hi Belegal,

Hope you guys are doing well.

I have a bit technical question regarding the age of majority. The age of majority in my home country is 21. How do the Spanish authorities interpret that?

A person would not be considered as an adult "Before he reaches his 21st birthday" meaning that basically as long as you are not 21, you are not considered as an adult (e.g. until 20, all is good)?

OR

A person will be considered as an adult "until 21" meaning that the 21st year is included itself? (So when you are 22, you are an adult. Until 21 all is good)

I am asking this since its very critical for my case to go on. I was exactly "21" when my father applied for nationality but I did not at that time. Now I want to apply but I wonder If I can apply anymore through my father etc.? All depends on defining the exact age of majority definition.

Many thanks,
    David

Unregistered

Unhappy David

Where are you from? my father spanish national basis 10 year leagal residence my age 19 year . i am form pakistan and i applied nationality march 2015 in spain embassy in pakistan. when apply spanish nationliy when my age 18 year 7 month. I would get citizenship ?