Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Pareja de Hecho??

Smile Pareja de Hecho??

Hi,

I would like to get some information about Pareja de Hecho.

I am a Non-EU student in Valencia, my Spanish boyfriend and I are thinking to get a Civil partnership/Pareja de Hehco. I have looked some posts saying that we must have been living together for minimum 2 years, but some of them say minimum 1 year. And what requirement do we need to register?

Is Pareja de Hecho equivalent to Civil partnership in the UK? We are thinking to work in the UK since both of us graduate from universities. Will I have rights to go to the UK to work if I have a partnership with a Spanish nation? Will I need to apply for EEA family permit or anything about residence card in order to work there?

Thanks, guy

Sheng

Hi Shengyi94

Each Town Hall has different requirements for the eligibility to register as Pareja de Hecho.

I am aware than in Malaga city and in some other capital cities, they request a minimum of 1-2 years registered at the town hall, but for instance in smaller towns this request does not exist, that is the case in other smaller towns in Malaga. I recommend you to check other places.

The Pareja de hecho is similar to Civil partnership in the UK.

The fact that you hold a Spanish resident card does not allow you to work and live in another EU country. As each country has their different immigration rules, but in some countries, especially those Schengen Estates, it can mean an easier access to a right to work and live than the general rule. You would need to check wroth the British authorities how a Spanish residence can help you settle there.

Once you become a registered partner of a Spanish citizen you are eligible to a residence card in Spain that will allow you live and work during 5 years in Spain: Tarjeta de Residencia de Familiar Comunitario.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile