Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Permanent Card, but no nationality yet

Unregistered

Default Permanent Card, but no nationality yet

Hi,

I have Regimen communitario for 5 years, but have not yet have Spanish nationality. I want to get married with a man who is living in SPain for the last three years. He is registered in Spain for Padron.
    I want to know, if it is possible that he will get regimen communitario after getting married with me?

I look forward to hear from you,
    Sincerely yours,
    Zaibi

Hello Zaibi,

Which is your nationality?
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Hello Zaibi,

Which is your nationality?
    I am indian, but living in spain for a long time and have permanent residence. can my to-be husband get regimen communitario after getting married with me? Moreover, does spain have different rules for people with different nationalities?

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am indian, but living in spain for a long time and have permanent residence. can my to-be husband get regimen communitario after getting married with me? Moreover, does spain have different rules for people with different nationalities?

Hi Patricia,

As I said in my previous message, I have regimen communitario. What will be the right of my husband if I get married now? Please note that he has been registered in Spain, Padron, for the last 3 years. I want to know, after getting married, (i) can he also get regimen communtario, and (ii) can we start our own business?

I hope to hear from you,
    Best regards,
    Zaibi

Hello Zaibi

Once you marry your partner, you will be able to apply for the Family reunion permit for him ( reagrupacion familiar ) and for that he will need to go back to his country to file the application. He cannot get the same regimen comunitario you have as he has no family link with an EU citizen.

Also, if he does not want to go back to his country for that purpose, as he has been on Span for 3 years, he can try the Arraigo Social option, as long as he can prove 3 years residing in Spain and has a work contract in place.

You can read information about Arraigo Social here, and about Reagrupacion familiar here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile