Hello

2 years ago I did a private dna test to find out that my son who was just born in 2012 wasnt my biological son.

when I confronted my wife and i told her i wanted to divorce she falsely accused me off domestic violence. that case has been more or less resolved, but I am still waiting for the paternity case and the divorce to get settled.

my lawyer told me I had to pay 1000 for the domestic violence case and 2800 euros for the dna test/paternity case and because I am unemployed the divorce will be for free.

now i have the following problems. I am abroad quite a bit to find a job and therefore i cant visit my lawyer personally. He refuses to correspond by email.

secondly completely out off the blue he tells me i have to pay the institute 800 euros for the dna test before it expires in 1 week time or we have to start the whole process a new. what i really do not understand is that they took a dna sample from me, my ex and the child involved in march or april 2014. is it normal for the institute that is doing the dna test to wait this long to get back and to ask for more money? it sounds surreal to me.

Further more I have paid the lawyer all the above mentioned money, but a lot off payments were made under the table. the idiot i am. i only have receipts for 2400 euros or there a bouts.

I have been told by a lawyer friend that I am legally entitled to get a paper from the lawyer, stating how much I have paid and how he used that money. like all the other correspondence he is ignoring that, or refusing to answer my questions.

What i would like to know is,

1. are these payments in line what someone else would have to pay for the dna test? And would it really take this long for the institute to get back to me/us?

2. can i change lawyers?

3. when i change lawyers, would I than have to pay all the money from scratch again? How much would this financially set me back?

4. is there anything I can do? or need to consider? or think about that someone with no legal experience whatsoever (like myself) needs to think about?

I really hope someone can help me. I am not in spain anymore and I just want to get it all sorted out and over with and move on with my life...

Waiting for your reply