Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Own business or partnership in business

Unregistered

Default Own business or partnership in business

Hello,

I have a question.

I have 3 years of Padron in Spain. Can I start my own business now? Can you , kindly brief me?

thanks a lot,

Hope to hear from you,
    Sincerely,

Manen

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I have a question.

I have 3 years of Padron in Spain. Can I start my own business now? Can you , kindly brief me?

thanks a lot,

Hope to hear from you,
    Sincerely,

Manen
    Hi,

I am in a similar situation.

I am registered in the civil registry for the last 3 years. Now, I want to buy a shop to start my own business. Can I buy a shop with my current status?

I hope to hear from you,

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Muneeb

Hello

Before you open a business you need to get hold of a work and residence permit.

If you have been in Spain for more than 3 years and have sufficient proof of it ( town hall registration, receipts, rental contracts, bills, water, electricity, telephone bills, bank statements, etc ), then you might be able to apply for the residency by settlement residence permit, providing yo have work as well. If you want to establish your own business you will have to provide with proof of investment and a certified business plan, attested by an official self traders association. If you are unable to prepare this last documentation or are unable to show proof of investment, a work contract will have to be provided.

You can check here information about the exact procedure.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello

If you have been in Spain for more than 3 years and have sufficient proof of it ( town hall registration, receipts, rental contracts, bills, water, electricity, telephone bills, bank statements, etc ), then you might be able to apply for the residency by settlement residence permit, providing yo have work as well. If you want to establish your own business you will have to provide with proof of investment and a certified business plan, attested by an official self traders association. If you are unable to prepare this last documentation or are unable to show proof of investment, a work contract will have to be provided.

Regards,
    Thanks for your reply and for the link provided. One information that I could not find in the link is about buying an already-running business and applying for residency.

I have a friend who is selling his shop. Can I buy it with my current status? Or can I be a partner in this-already-running business.

I would be really grateful to hear your opinion regarding this.

Thanks a lot,

Best wishes,
    Muneeb

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello

Regards,
    Thanks Patricia,

One information I could not find in the link is that is it possible to buy a running business, such as a shop? My friend is selling his shop. Can I buy it and apply for residence permit?
    In that case, do I need a business plan?

Hope to hear from you,
    thanks a lot,
    Muneeb

Hello Muneeb,

You can certainly buy a running business, and include it in the residence permit application. A business plan, as mentioned in my previous post, will be required. You will be able to run the business once you have a work permit in place; in the meantime you will need to appoint someone who has legal residency as the representative of your business.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile