The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: can i change regimen communitario to regimen general

Unregistered

Default can i change regimen communitario to regimen general

Hello
    i have permanent communitario
    1o years residence card i want change this to
    larga duracaon ue after divorce.what docs are required for this.
    regards...

Hello,

If you have got the tarjeta de residencia permanente as the relative of an EU citizen, you do not need to change it after a divorce, because the right is already permanent and the card is renewed every ten years automatically; that is, you won´t be required to show proof of the continuity of the marriage in order to renew it. After Ten years of legal residency, you can apply for the Spanish Nationality.

If you wish to change the regime from comunitario to general, you can certainly do it. please read the requirements here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia, Please can you help me with some legal advice as you have giving to others here?, It being so amazing to see how much help you have being to people here,

My question is, I have Regimen Comunitario Residencia wish was given to me under my Marriage, and it about to expire next month, My wife is German and am Nigeria, we are still together and, am self employ and My wife as well, If renew this 5 years regimen comunitario residencia would it comes out with the same 5 years Regimen comunitario or would it we less than this previous one, When do I have right to permanent stay and citizenship? Please your help we be appreciated My warmest regard

Evans

Hello Evans,

When you renew the residence card under regimen Comunitario as the relative of an EU citizen you have held for the last 5 e years, it will not be considered a renewal, but a long stay ( also called permanent ) residence card, that you are entitled to after those 5 years. Therefore, the new card you will be issued will grant you a permanent right to reside, and the actual physical card will be automatically renewed, without any documentation required, every 10 years.

You will be eligible for the Spanish Nationality when you have completed 10 years of legal residence in Spain; that is, in 5 years time.

You can check here the requirements for the Log stay residence card as the relative of an EU citizen.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Default about regimen comunitario

Hello Patricia Martin

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to help me, am very excited to receive your reply, once again thanks, for the link you direct me to as well, That has also give me confidence, Actually I was thinking it will be less than this first 5 years residence I have, I was in the foreign office today to apply for the renewal, I was told to wait 2 months for the new card,
    what surprise most was, I and my wife was ask to photocopy all the pages of our passport and her residence paper as well, That was a bit funny for us, But all actually went well, we are very relax now, My next question is.!!!!

does this 10 Years Residence card that am expecting permit me to take employment opportunity in other member state? or I have to apply for another residence that allowed this? As my wife is German and am Nigerian, my sincerely
    Evans

Hello Evans,

Thank you for your kind words. Most appreciated.

The fact of being a long term resident in Spain does not automatically entitle you for a work and resident permit in another member Estate; you will have to observe the Immigration regulations in that specific country for those long term residents in other countries. I am unaware of the specific requirements in each country but I believe these will be easier to meet than in the event you had no resident status in the EU, and the process may also be more straightforward than for general cases.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile