Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: renewal for larg duration

Unregistered

Default renewal for larg duration

Hi
    i want to ask that my second two years residency is going to expire after two months and i am going to apply for Larga duracion .
    so i have lost my passport that i was using from last four years and i got new one 2 months before so i want to ask i have to submite just new passport and copies or ´copies of last lost passport ¨too that i have all pages copy

i´ll be thank full to you

regard

In principle you only need to submit copies of your current passport. Once you submit your renewal however, the immigration office might request to see copies of your old passport, as they might want to see if you have been in Spain the requested timeframe.

You can do two things: either to wait and see if they request it and if they do to submit it or to provide it now, clearly indicating that it is a copy of your old passport which has been lost. Don’t forget to include a copy of your current passport indicating that this is the valid one!
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Ali Faroq

Default same Q

hello
    I have a same problem that lost passport and got new one .so some one told me when i"ll apply for lagra duracion they ask passport for check stay in spain and we can stay 10 months out of spain in 5 years.
    So i have traveled 8 months in five year on last passport that i have lost and now i have new one so please tell me how they will check or how i can show them that i have traveled 8 months in 5 years.

Thank you

Hello Ali Faroq,

They can check, if they believe there is a reason to suspect you may have not resided in Spain the minimum 185 days per year, by getting a report from the Spanish borders control, not only by checking your passport. However. as you mention you have only been out 8 months there is nothing to be afraid of.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile