Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Application for Nationality in Oct 2014

Default Application for Nationality in Oct 2014

Hi
    I am a Pakistani got resedence permit in Oct 2005 and Now i am gona apply Nationality in October 2015
    i would like to ask few questions.
    1-I am currently living in Barcelona.which province has fast track for obtaining nationality for Pakistani citizens?
    2-Can i have dual nationalities?(Spanish and Pakistani both)
    3-What papers i need to apply nationality as pakistani citizen?
    4-can i get appointment NOW for applying nationality through lawyer while i am out of spain?
    regards
    Muhammad

Hello Muhammad,

I am afraid I do not know in which city the Nationality application is processed faster, but I believe that busy Civil registries such as Madrid and Barcelona may work slower that in other smaller cities.

It is not possible to have dual Nationality Spanish and Pakistani; this is only allowed for nationals from Andorra, Portugal , Philippines, Equatorial Guinea and Latin American countries.

You can only apply for an appointment once you are eligible, and lawyers do not generally have easier access to the Civil registry ( to get an appointment ). Applications can be filed either by yourself or by someone you authorize and then you will be informed, at your address ( it is very important that your postbox is checked on a regular basis as the Civil registry will notify you in your Spanish address ) of the acceptance and actual processinf of the application and later on appointed for an interview.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile