Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: i´m from Albania, what do i do to get married with my spanish girlfriend ?

Default i´m from Albania, what do i do to get married with my spanish girlfriend ?

hello every one, i wonder if some one could help me with some information

I am an Albanian citisen currently living in Spain (A Coruna) on Schengen 90 days freedom of movement, i want to get married with my girlfriend that i am living with which is a Spanish citisen

my questions are :
    1. what are the documents and step procedures that i need, to get married with my girlfriend here in Spain ?
    2. is there any way i could extend my 90 days of staying in Spain without returning back to my country ?
    ( my country is part of the schengen zone and i am allowed to stay in the schengen zone only 90 days after that i have to leave schengen zone and my next returan will be, after i have spend 90 days out of the schengen zone )

what are some of the options that i have to get married with my girl without returning and what is the easiest way of doing it ?

any help will be very much appresiated

thank you very much

Hello Risto,

You can marry your girlfriend in Spain, but it will take some time before the judge authorizes you to marry as you need to apply for the marriage celebration and you will be asked to provide with some documentation that may require you to travel back to Albania. The authorities will be flexible with your stay limitation if you show them them the documentation proving you are in the process of getting married in Spain.

I recommend you to read an article I wrote some time ago about this issue:Getting Married In Spain: General Overview and Legal Issues For Foreigners In Irregular Situation.

Once you are married you will be eligible for the temporary residence card as the relative of an EU citizen that will allow you reside and work in Spain during five years. After that you can apply for the Permanent residence card. Also, as the spouse of a Spanish citizen, you will be eligible for the Spanish Nationality after one year holding your temporary residence card.

If you wish to discuss your case further, please do not hesitate to drop us an email through our website contact form.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile