Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal Advice Counsel

Administrator

For some reason your browser is warning you that the certificate is not from a trusted source. However, you will be able to access the site if you click on the link following the little red icon with the text "Continue to this website (not recommended)".

Unregistered

Default Michelle

Yes thank you,
    I think that says it all.
    Have had an email from Tara Hamilton, who says they pick the best Lawyers for whatever fraud you have been related to ie Timeshare, Holiday Clubs etc.
    But as yet they have not asked for any money upfront.
    Michelle

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    But as yet they have not asked for any money upfront.
    They will at some point. If they are so sure of recovering the funds lost to these companies, perhaps you can talk them into accepting a no-win-no-fee scheme.

During the past years, I have been approached by several fully registered Spanish lawyers who were working at the time in companies very much like the one discussed in this thread. These lawyers trully believed the companies which employed them were legitimate (if they can fool thousands of people, I'm sure they have no difficulty in fooling a few lawyers). Eventually, these companies turned out to be nothing but scams set up by the same people who had ripped off thousands of timeshare owners with the only purpose of 'milking' them further.

Unregistered

Default Michelle

Thank you once again.
    Glad I have found this forum.
    They certainly will not get any money from me upfront.

But will try for the no win no fee. I have emailed them stating this and guess what it has all gone quiet, no phone calls and no email's from them.

Michelle

Jebanks

Default Legal Advice Councel

I had a call from this company in the begining of the year, claiming they could claim money back for me from Club Class and Etoo. I had to send in proof of payment and and promises from the company so they could assess it for free. After sending in the documentation i then received a call from a senior advisor saying I did have a case and that my claim would be 24,000 sterling.
    I would have to give them 800 in legal costs and translations that would be refundable once I won the case. In May I recieved a call saying I won the case for both and the monies where all transferred into my bank account, WITH the refundale deposit ontop, all they asked for was a 10% commision, which I was happy to give them after receiving the full claim, which was more then o hoped for anyway.
    I know there are many companies out there to scam you but there are companies that can make money from actually help unfortunate people like ourselves. All round i found their services to be very helpful and suggest if anybody else has any problems with any bogus timeshare company to listen to what they have to say, there not all bad, i am proof.

Administrator

Hi Jebanks

Your story sounds improbable to say the least. Is there any more evidence apart from your testimonial that you could share with us? (e.g. wire transfer receipts, "court resolution", etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jebanks View Post
    I had a call from this company in the begining of the year, claiming they could claim money back for me from Club Class and Etoo. I had to send in proof of payment and and promises from the company so they could assess it for free. After sending in the documentation i then received a call from a senior advisor saying I did have a case and that my claim would be 24,000 sterling.
    I would have to give them 800 in legal costs and translations that would be refundable once I won the case. In May I recieved a call saying I won the case for both and the monies where all transferred into my bank account, WITH the refundale deposit ontop, all they asked for was a 10% commision, which I was happy to give them after receiving the full claim, which was more then o hoped for anyway.
    I know there are many companies out there to scam you but there are companies that can make money from actually help unfortunate people like ourselves. All round i found their services to be very helpful and suggest if anybody else has any problems with any bogus timeshare company to listen to what they have to say, there not all bad, i am proof.
    I doubt your testimonial Sir.

How can you receive a call from them in May 2009 informing you they had already won when they had only just set up their company the 28th of April 2009 as can be read in the second post on this thread? This is publicly available information.

Litigation takes on average years in Spain as everyone knows, it doesn't take 1 week. So following your testimonial it would mean they filed your case back in 2007 or 2008, when their company/website didn't exist!

Unregistered

Default Michelle

Have received a few calls from First Legal Services, claiming that European coast @ sun holidays Designer way vacation club, Timelinx. Have been to court twice and another court case pending in the next 18months can anyone confirm if that is true or not.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have received a few calls from First Legal Services, claiming that European coast @ sun holidays Designer way vacation club, Timelinx. Have been to court twice and another court case pending in the next 18months can anyone confirm if that is true or not.

Michelle
    Dear Michelle,

This thread is on "Legal Advice Counsel".

You have a specific thread on "First Legal Services" over here:

First Legal Services
    Glyn

Let us not induce into confusion both companies.

Regards,

The self-defined “legal firm”, Legal Advice Counsel, has posted on their website a PDF document under the heading cyberlibel in reply to this thread belittling the law firmMarbella Lawyers”.

Let us start by writing we are always reluctant to engage publicly people who we simply ignore whom they are. Regrettably their posting has forced us to intervene providing an adequate reply.

Our website Belegal.com is a forum in which anyone interested in making a legal query on Spanish related matters is replied to freely. This website has provided free legal advice to thousands of people over the last ten years on a daily basis either online or via e-mails by registered lawyers such as myself. You can read further clicking on "about us".

Having said this, this thread on Legal Advice Counsel was started off by T.M. This person has contacted us privately using Belegal’s PM facility. So we have their name, surname, e-mail address and telephone number at the disposal of Ms Stewart or Mrs Hamilton should they be interested.

Regarding the “anonymous respondent” who replied to the query, they only have to browse one of the many threads or legal articles on this website to know who I am. I’ll sign this post to safe them the hassle.

Moving on to their PDF “rebuttal”, it fails systematically to address each point raised on our reply to T.M. relating to their company. Moreover, every point on our post is factual which is why they’ve been unable to counter it on their “rebuttal”. At no time have we insulted or bad mouthed anyone on this website as they write, much less a fellow lawyer or law firm. Please quote me doing so.

We fail to see how our comments can be construed as defamatory, as they write, when all we've written is factual as anyone can check for themselves.

Legal Advice Counsel is not a law firm nor is it run by registered lawyers. As such it is illegal for them, under Spanish law, to offer legal services to clients. We stand by every word of ours. No lawyer member of this law firm has contacted us to stand us corrected should there have been a misunderstanding on our side. We were only contacted by Mrs Hamilton, a self-appointed "Senior Legal Advisor", to have this thread "immediately removed" as it was "malicious" in her own words.

Furthermore and for clarities sake, “Marbella Lawyers” is not a law firm as they write, it’s a website . So we doubt they’ve read any negative comments on a non-existent law firm on “many, many internet sites” as they write on their rebuttal! The only law firm is Lawbird Legal Services, S.L.P, as per my signature.

The name of the website has been changed to Belegal.com as can be read on the top-hand left corner on our home page. It used to be called “Marbella-Lawyers.com”.

And to close this post Ms Stewart would you be kind enough, being a PR of L.A.C., as to shed some light on what is the relationship between your law firm, Legal Advice Counsel, and this other Marbella law firm called European Legal Services? www dot europeanlegalservices dot com/

Both law firms have different names albeit share an identical website layout, written content and services as those offered by your company, Legal Advice Counsel. European Legal Services claims to be based in Marbella , just like your company, but fails to provide any address, contact e-mail, telephone number or fax number. No lawyers names mentioned either, just like yourselves. In fact, no one is mentioned!

Bizarre way to do business, to say the least.

Both law firms are part of “Bannister Hamilton Consulting Ltd.with Registration Number: 1534308 ”

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,
    Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt
    Nº 6072 Málaga Law Society