Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: About marriage And Resident permit

Default About marriage And Resident permit

Hi ,
    i am khan. i am non-EU but live in Italy with resident card. my girl friend are Spanish citizen. now we are decided that we will marry in italy. i just want to know after marriage we can apply spanish resident and if is it possible, what kind of paper we need.

Hello khanshohag86,

Once you are married, should you decide to move to Spain with your Spanish spouse, you will be able to apply for the residence card as a relative of an EU citizen within 3 months since you enter Spain. The main documentation required is: Proof of financial situation ( there are certain requirements ), certificate of Empadronamiento issued by the Town Hall ( registered as living together in Spain ) and then the most important document, that is the marriage certificate, duly legalized and translated into Spanish. You can also apply to have your marriage registered in Spain, but this takes too long, so it is something you can do later on, as it is not a requirement for this type of application. The file takes between 1 and 2 months to be resolved since you apply.

It is the best option to hire the services of a solicitor in order to arrange the documentation and assemble the application package so you are not missing any document, and can assure the marriage is legal and accordingly proved. Also, a solicitor will arrange the appointment at the immigration office and follow up the case from beginning to end, that is, until the residence card is issued.

If you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to drop us an email through the contact form.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile