Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Fiancé Visa. Help. Please.

Unregistered

Default Fiancé Visa. Help. Please.

Hi.

I am a Filipino resident. My fiancé is also a Filipino but a legal resident of Spain and is living in Spain. We decided to get married in Spain but since we don't really know the process of how and what to do, we were stuck with nothing but plans. Is there such thing as fiancé visa in Spain and does it work? Please help us. What can we do?

Thank you!

Hello,

There is not a fiancé visa as such, but your fiancé can apply for the Family reunion as soon as you are married, as there is the possibility for Spanish residents to bring their first grade relatives over to Spain by means of this residence permit I am mentioning. This type of permit will allow the relative stay in Spain with his/her relative under the same conditions and during the same time the main resident is allowed to stay; that is, the renewal applications will be filed at the same time once the cards expire. You will have to basically prove your marriage and also prove the financial and personal situation in Spain of the main resident.

You can marry in Spain, and you do not need to have a valid visa for this, but to have the Civil Registry´s Judge´s approval for it. Your fiancé will be able to get all the information from the closest Civil Registry on how to apply for the marriage authorization. The process can take little or long tie, it depends on the town, as not all Civil Registries work with the same efficiency. Also, you may not be allowed to marry in certain towns, where a minimum of 2 years town hall registration is required so you can marry there. Not all Civil Registries request this.

If you wish to discuss your case in detail, please feel free to drop us an e-mail through our website contact form.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile