Hi
I am a British citizen living and working in Spain and I am married to a Pakistani national.
Our Marriage took place in Pakistan.
My husband applied for residence permit under European law 06 May 2014.
We produced all documents including my work contract, medical insurance for both of us, marriage certificate issued in Pakistan and attested by Pakistan foreign ministry.
Only thing they required was that marriage certificate should be legalized by Spain embassy in Pakistan.
So we sent marriage certificate to a cousin in Pakistan with power of attorney.
My cousin submitted the marriage certificate to embassy on 13/06/2014 and paid the fees equal to 290 Euros (38000 local currency)
since then after nearly four and half months, Spain embassy is still holding our marriage certificate and not telling us that why is verification/legalization process is not completed after four and half months.
I have sent numerous emails to Madrid legalization department and Spain embassy Pakistan but without any luck.
I contacted (Solvit) but they refused to intervene by saying that legalization of marriage certificate does not fall under EU freedom of movement law.
Any sort of advice or help to pursue Spain embassy to complete verification process without unnecessary delay, will be appreciated.
Where I can seek help or what action I should take or where I should complain as I am new to Spain and I have no idea of any organisation that can help me in this matter
And also can somebody advise me about the legal status of my husband at the moment as his Schengen visa had expired three months ago but Spanish authorities did not rejected his EU residence permit application as yet.