Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationality application

Default Nationality application

I submitted my nationality application with all required documents in civil registration office in beginning of August 2014. The officer told we will receive application number and other details in post from Madrid main office with in 1-2 months. However I have not received any letter yet, no application number has been given. Is this normal?.
    Secondly, can I check my application status without any number with my name?.
    Many thanks in advance

Dear Patricia, I would really appreciate your reply. Wish you lovely weekend!

Hello,

Nationality applications normally take about 3 months to be processed and to be given a reference number. For instance, in the Malaga province they can take up to 4-5 moths, and therefore I suggest you make a personal inquiry at the Civil Registry to see if they have some information, or just wait a bit longer.

I am afraid you cannot check you Nationality application status online without a reference number; you will need to ask personally at the Civil Registry where the application is being processed.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thank you veeeery much for clearing my doubt :
    I wait for another 2 months and inquire later on.
    hearty wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

Nationality applications normally take about 3 months to be processed and to be given a reference number. For instance, in the Malaga province they can take up to 4-5 moths, and therefore I suggest you make a personal inquiry at the Civil Registry to see if they have some information, or just wait a bit longer.

I am afraid you cannot check you Nationality application status online without a reference number; you will need to ask personally at the Civil Registry where the application is being processed.

Regards,

Greetings Patricia,
    In 3 months it will be 1 year since I submitted my Spanish nationality application in Civil registration office, until today I have NOT received application receipt number. As they told us when my application submitted we will get application number in 3 months but that did not happen.
    Today my wife called Civil registration office and they replied that "all applications forwarded to Madrid, due to heavy workload Madrid did not start processing Spanish nationality applications since year 2014, thats why you have not received application number".
    To be honest, I feel the person who answered our call do not know exact answer, its like they answer wide scale bigger issues to just skip the inquiry. During my application such problems occurred too often, they tell what they can to postpone the issue.

Coming back to topic - is it true that Madrid has not touched Spanish nationality applications those who applied from year 2014?.

Which office should I contact formally to inquire my application?. Can I write a letter to interior ministry Spain and city Mayor regarding this matter?

My wife and 2 children are Spanish, I am working full time (self employed) and paying taxes ( more than average Spaniards), also employed 1 Spaniard. When talking about integration - all my wife families are from this city, for past 7 years I am part of them. I duly fulfill all requirements they need for my application. However its very disappointing how this public offices are working here,just dreadful.

I am not wondering why many skilled people are leaving or do not opt to come Spain, unfortunately I dont have that option because of my wife want live here forever
    Last edited by dkg; 04-17-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Should I contact a lawyer to write a letter to civil registration/ Madrid office?

Hello dkg,

It is always quicker to go and make a personal inquiry at the Civil Registry. Anyhow,there are big delays nationwide, though those applications files in 2014 are being assigned a file number already.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello dkg,

It is always quicker to go and make a personal inquiry at the Civil Registry. Anyhow,there are big delays nationwide, though those applications files in 2014 are being assigned a file number already.

Regards,
    Many thanks!! really appreciate that,

Because of our experience with civil registration office always been worst, they constantly failed/skipped to give right answer ( mostly they will say " we dont know"), is there any other way to deal with this thing. Atleast I want my application receipt number. It was filed in August 2014.
    Last edited by dkg; 04-20-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Hello dkg,

I am afraid that you must wait for the notification to be received at your home address, or go there personally to make an inquiry.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello dkg,

I am afraid that you must wait for the notification to be received at your home address, or go there personally to make an inquiry.

Regards,
    Thanks a lot!! Patricia