Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario

Siddik

Default How to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario

Hi, I am from south east asia (Bangladesh), I am living in Spain with no immigration status (illegally).
    I heard that if anyone is a relative of an EU Citizen is eligible for the permanent residence card under
    Regimen Comunitario. I have relative such as brother and sister who are UK Citizen.

My question is-

1. Is it possible for me to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario on the basis that I have
    British brother and sister? or
    2. Do i have to be a spouse of a EU citizen to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario ?

And also if its possible can u please tell me what is the process of application.
    Your answer will help me a lot, thanks.

Best Regards,
    Siddik

Hello Siddik,

The relatives of EU citizens that are eligible to the residence card are spouses, children and dependent parents. Brothers and sisters are only eligible in the event they are physically or mentally handicapped and depend on the EU relatives due to illness.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Siddik

Dear Patricia,
    Thanks for the reply and also thanks for the the valuable information you provided.
    Your information will help me a lot.

Best Regard
    Siddik

pichoncito

Default Renewal?

Hi there,

I've got my residence card under Regimen Comunitario (by my wife, who is Spanish) and it's expiring in 60 days. Can you please tell me how I need to go about renewing it? Do I set up an appointment (in Barcelona) and what forms/items do I need? Also, is this renewal automatic or is there a chance of being denied (we are still married and I own a business in Spain).

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I believe you have had your residence card for the last five years, so you are now eligible for the Long stay residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. The requirements are simple, and you can file the application a month before the card expires at the corresponding police station or immigraiton office, personally.

You basically need to prove you are still married to the Spanish citizen, so an updated marriage certificate issued by the Registro Civil will do. Together with that, you need to file the application form, copy of your passport and residence card and three passport photos.

When the card is finally issued, it will be valid for 10 years, and renewed automatically.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

pichoncito

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much Patricia, I really appreciate the quick and detailed response. You guys are awesome.

pichoncito

Default Thanks again, another question

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

I believe you have had your residence card for the last five years, so you are now eligible for the Long stay residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. The requirements are simple, and you can file the application a month before the card expires at the corresponding police station or immigraiton office, personally.

You basically need to prove you are still married to the Spanish citizen, so an updated marriage certificate issued by the Registro Civil will do. Together with that, you need to file the application form, copy of your passport and residence card and three passport photos.

When the card is finally issued, it will be valid for 10 years, and renewed automatically.

Regards,
    Hi Patricia,

Thanks again for your help -- you were (as expected) totally right. I submitted everything you suggested and the "favorable" decision came back a week later. Now I've made an appointment for fingerprinting at the police station here in Barcelona. But I have another issue. I need to travel for work -- urgently -- just a couple of days after the police appoinment (next week).

I'll need to leave Spain and enter the UK for a business trip and I'm wondering if I need the Autorización de Regreso for this, considering my residence has already been approved, and all I'm waiting for is the tarjeta. If so, how long does this take to get done? I'm assuming not enough time for my trip...

Also (not sure if this makes a difference) my residence card expired 7 October, and the people at ExtranjerÃ*a told me that it's still valid for 3 months after that expiration date. But not sure if this applies to traveling out of Spain and reentering? Bottom line: can I freely leave and re-enter Spain or do I need the Autorización de Regreso? I'm a U.S. Citizen, not sure if that counts for anything.

Thanks so much for your help before and in advance for this quesiton.

Hello,

If you are going to travel out of Spain with an expired card, you need an autorizacion de regreso. Even if your card is considered valid in Spain during 3 months after expiry, it is expired for travelling purposes, so I still recommend you to apply for this authorization right after you do the fingerprint at the Police Station, so you can process both applications during the same visit.

For that, you only need to have paid the tax ( 10 Euros ) showing the payment receipt , passport copy and copy of return ticket. As you know, US citizens do not need visas to enter Spain so you may be allowed in just with your passport. Anyhow, I recommend you to have the return authorization in hand.

A return authorization certificate takes 48 hours to be issued. The actual renewed card should be ready around 30 days after you did the fingerprint process.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

pichoncito

Thumbs up Thank you!

Hi Patricia,

I followed your advice and everything was exactly as you described, it worked out perfectly and I now have my permanent residence card. I wanted to thank you for your help -- I really appreciate it!

You are welcome!
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile