Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario

Unregistered

Default Autorización de Regreso

Hi,
    Is the Autorización de Regreso valid for multiple entries or just for one visit?

Unregistered

Post Régimen Comunitario

Hello Patricia,

I see you are very helpful and I would really need some help with information, my friend in Spain has a Regimen Comunitario via Marriage of a Spaniard. I would be going in for a crucial operation that I might not return from and I need him in London this weekend before the op, what documents does he need to be able to fly to the uk?

He has he’s Nigerian passport

Thank you

Dee

Hello Dee

Your friend certainly needs a visa to travel to the UK even if he is a legal resident in the EU.

Please click here for more information.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Mina Mohsen

Hi Particia.

I am from Egypt and I am living in UAE. I am married to a Spanish national in the Spanish Embassy in UAE.

Since we are planning to move to Spain; I would like to ask you what are the steps that I need to take in order to have residence in Spain and be able to work there.

Thank you for your help!

Mina Mohsen

Hello Mina

You just need to apply for a short stay visa indicating you are the relative of a Spanish citizen that resides in Spain. You will have to prove the family relationship via a marriage certificate. You will easily get a visa to travel to Spain, based in the EU regulations concerning free movement of EU citizens within the EU, as well as their relatives; Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States amending Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68 and repealing Directives 64/221/EEC, 68/360/EEC, 72/194/EEC, 73/148/EEC, 75/34/EEC, 75/35/EEC, 90/364/EEC, 90/365/EEC and 93/96/EEC.

Once in Spain, you can file the residence card application as the relative of an EU citizen. This application is filed in person at the correspondin Immigration Office of the province where you will be settling. You can find more information here.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Mina Mohsen

Thanl you so much Patricia!!

Unregistered

Hello I want to ask if I have to comunitario of Spain because my dad is a Spanish passport but he now reside in the uk, can I also go to the uk with my comunitario residents card without a visa to join my dad

Hello

Note that the UK is not part of the Schengen area, so you will still need to check with the UKBA what are the requirements to enter UK considering your nationality and residence status in another EU country.

You need to check whether you meet the requirements for the residence card as the relative of an EU national application, as the fact that your father has a Spanish passport is not the only requirement; there are others. If you are over 18, you would have to prove you are his/her dependent and also prove you are both residing in Spain. However, you mention your father resides in the UK.

Feel free to drop us an email if you need to discuss your particular case in detail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi

I have a Regimen Comunitario (my wife is German) that expires in February 2019. I lived in Spain for 3 years but returned to the USA because of the health of my mother. I want to return to Spain in the future to live full time so I don't want my card to expire. Do i need to go to Spain to renew? Thanks

Hello ,

You can file the renewal application online, via the sede electronica, that is the electronic registration system the Immigration Office offers for that end. However, you may have to travel to Spain to get the certificado de empadronamiento, that is one of the required documents. Once the application is approved, you will have to travel to Spain and formalize the fingerprint at the relevant Police Station.

Note that an absence of more 12 consecutive months can lead to the cancellation of your card. If the authorities see evidences of that, they may reject your application. You would have the option to appeal based on your personal circumstances, if that happened.

Please feel free to contact us should you require further information.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile