Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: How to obtain spanish temporary residance

Default How to obtain spanish temporary residance

I am a British citizen living in England, I wish for my Filipino girlfriend of 3 years to come and live with me in Spain when i move there.
    I can provide her with accommodation and give her a contract of employment and salary with my British property rental company.
    My question is, would a contract of employment and salary with a British company be acceptable to the Spanish immigration and what is minimum salary required or expected for her to qualify for permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

She does have an income in the Philippines from property of 25,000 euro's annually could she declare this as being self employed instead.

From the start of her temporary residency to her acquiring Spanish citizenship what is a realistic time scale.

Mal

Hello Mal,

It is very difficult to get a salaried work and residence permit for non EU nationals at the moment, so her chances to gain a work and residence permit based on a job are very small.

If she is able to prove she has an income of about 2.200 Euros per month obtained abroad, she may as well apply for the Non Lucrative Residence Permit, that is a temporary residence permit under general Rules and is valid for one year, renewable.

I suggest you register as Common Law partners or marry ( if it is something you have in mind ) so she can apply for a residence card as a relative of an EU citizen, as it is the easiest and quickest way for her to settle here. That residence card will grant her the right to live and work in Spain for five years; after that she will be eligible for the permanent residence card under EU rules if she is still your partner or under general immigration rules if not. She will be eligible for the Spanish citizenship after two years of legal residency as she is Philippine.

Please feel free to contact us by email should you require further information in any of the options mentioned above.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile