Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Residence permit for Spouse of EU citizen

Post Residence permit for Spouse of EU citizen

hi
    I need information and assistance regarding residence permit for spouse of Eu citizen.
    I am a British citizen and my husband is Pakistani citizen.
    I am currently living with my husband in Pakistan.
    In last few months i have applied few jobs in Spain with no reply.
    I decided to visit Denmark with my husband and applied visa for my husband by EU rule of freedom of movement and Danish embassy granted Schengen visa for 26 days to my husband.
    And to my surprise i had offer of job from Barcelona Spain too.
    I want information that what i should do.
    (1)shall me and my husband visit Denmark and than my husband go to Pakistan and i start job in Spain and than call my husband to Spain from Pakistan under EU law.
    (2)I with my husband shall go to Spain and i start my job and apply for his Permit in Spain
    (3)how long will all process take if we apply from within Spain I am worried that my husband visa is for only 26 days and if in Spain permit process took longer than his visa will expire
    (4)what documents are required for Husband of EU citizen to apply for residence permit
    (5)as we are not familiar with bureaucracy of Spain ,is there any good Law firm or lawyer who can represent us in all steps (my registration ,my husband residence permit application tax number etc)and what are likely cost involved for lawyer or law firm.
    a quick reply will be appreciated.
    thank you

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhali77 View Post
    hi
    I need information and assistance regarding residence permit for spouse of Eu citizen.
    I decided to visit Denmark with my husband and applied visa for my husband by EU rule of freedom of movement and Danish embassy granted Schengen visa for 26 days to my husband.
    (1)shall me and my husband visit Denmark and than my husband go to Pakistan and i start job in Spain and than call my husband to Spain from Pakistan under EU law.
    (2)I with my husband shall go to Spain and i start my job and apply for his Permit in Spain
    (3)how long will all process take if we apply from within Spain I am worried that my husband visa is for only 26 days and if in Spain permit process took longer than his visa will expire
    (4)what documents are required for Husband of EU citizen to apply for residence permit
    (5)as we are not familiar with bureaucracy of Spain ,is there any good Law firm or lawyer who can represent us in all steps (my registration ,my husband residence permit application tax number etc)and what are likely cost involved for lawyer or law firm.
    thank you

1,have ur both address registered
    2,if ur wife is european then u have to register ur marriage in spain .
    3, registerd ur wife in police station for NIE ie ID. same day procedure.
    4,work contract for ur wife.
    5,submitt all ur documents to ministry for strangers i think they ll grant 5 years residence card within 2 month.
    obtaining residence permit on family base is not so complicated

which will give ur wife a national number ie N I E .

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhali77 View Post
    hi
    thank you
    Hello Farrukhali77,

In the event you finally decide to settle in Spain, you can register as a resident as soon as you have the work contract in hand. Then, your husband will be able to apply for the Residence Card as a Relative of an EU citizen.

Please read my replies to your questions:

(1)shall me and my husband visit Denmark and then my husband go to Pakistan and i start job in Spain and than call my husband to Spain from Pakistan under EU law.

That is an option. You can also take your husband with you before or as soon as you start the job in Spain, but you need to be sure he can apply for the residence card within 3 months after his entry in Spain.

Yes , it is possible.
    (3)how long will all process take if we apply from within Spain I am worried that my husband visa is for only 26 days and if in Spain permit process took longer than his visa will expire.

Your husband will be allowed to be in Spain at least for 3 months, as he is accompanied by his wife ( you ), who is an EU citizen. Also, once his application is in process at the Immigration Office, he is allowed to be in Spain until the application has been resolved. It usually takes around 2 months, or even less.

(4)what documents are required for Husband of EU citizen to apply for residence permit.

There is a standard list of documentation, but the main document is the marriage certificate with a minimum validity of 3 months, private medical insurance, town Hall registration and proof of financial resources.

There are various Law firms.

It is the best option to hire the services of a solicitor in order to arrange the documentation and assemble the application package so you are not missing any document, and can assure the marriage is legal and accordingly proved. Also, a solicitor will arrange the appointment at the immigration office and follow up the case from beginning to end, that is, until the residence card is issued.

We provide that service at Lawbird so please feel free to e-mail us for further information.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Default Omer

Hi,

I need help , I am british citizen and my husband is pakistan , i am going to apply accompany eu spouse visa for denmark.. I want to apply under EU law , anyone know the documents required under EU law...