I'm not sure if this forum deals with criminal law but I don't know where to turn.

I'm a citizen of a european country (not Spain, although I have recidency in the Canary Islands), I do not speak Spanish unforunately and this makes this very difficult for me.

I've been sentenced to community service in Gran Canaria (I took a plea bargain as my incompetent lawyer who didn't speak English recommended), but was told to return the next day to sign some papers that, from what I understand, I would be signing off on the actual sentence, I didn't show up to this meeting and I have since left the country, this was around three months ago.

My wife decided she wanted to divorce me so I crashed - completely. Was living on the streets and in hostels sleeping in the toilets for three weeks before I could make it off the islands and back to my birth country (in EU, as stated before).

Now I want to know, what is going to happen to me if I go back to Spain - or even if I stay in my home country.

I'm not sure what I skipped out on, I believe it was signing off on the actual sentence even though I signed papers already, but I have not made a plan to execute my community service or anything like that (I believe it was 40 hours). How can I go about finding out my "legal status" (not sure how to put it). I want to execute my community service, but I don't have a place to live in Spain anymore, and I don't have any money to go there and do my duty so to speak. What are my options? Am I in serious trouble, possibly due to go to prison?

Please help me.