Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Renewal of Residence Card (Larga Duración)

Default Renewal of Residence Card (Larga Duración)

I’m working in Spain for 7 years already and with a residence card of Larga Duración (same as my wife and son - expiry will be on 2016).

My wife and son got their residence card from Reagrupación familiar last 2011.

They lived in Spain from 2011 to 2013. When crisis hit Spain last 2013, me and my wife decided for them to go to Middle East to work (due to crisis, its better if both of us have work).

They are now in Middle East since December 2013 until now. They had a 1 month vacation here in Spain last December 2013 until January 2014.

1. They plan to come back here in Spain to Reside, will there be no problem in Airport Immigration when they arrive by April of this year? I know that there will be problem if they are out of Spain for more than 1 year, but they were here in Spain last December (11 months since they leave Spain) for vacation and come back to Middle East January 2014. So from January until April, its only 3 months.

2. If they will reside again here in Spain from April of this year until 2016 (renewal of their residence card), will they have any problems in the renewal? Will they be denied? If yes, what will be our best option?

Any answers will highly be appreciated.

anyone? thanks