Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Renovacion tarjeta de residencia

Unregistered

Default Renovacion tarjeta de residencia

Patricia/Marta,

I applied for my renovacion de tarjeta de residencia and was told to come back in 40-45 days. Because of personal circumstances, I haven't been able to go to the extranjeria to pick up my new residency card within that time frame. It has now been a few days past three months and I am planning to go pick up my card. Will it still be at the extranjeria where I submitted my application? Or will there be problems as three months have passed?

Dear Sir/Madam,

The residence card is normally collected at the Police Station as the Immigration Office usually issues the positive resolution that will allow you apply for the actual card at the Police Station.

I am unclear about the procedure you have completed to date. Do you mean the renewal approval or the card?

If you query is related to the approval resolution, you are usually notified by post and then asked to approach the corresponding Police Station so they take the fingerprint to finally issue the card; you do not have to collect the resolution. If what you should be collecting is the actual card, you can collect it even after 3 months; they usually keep it in file for about a year.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Thank you, Patricia. I meant the collection of the actual card. It's good to know that it should still be there even after several months. Thanks.