Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Brining parents from Pakistan, aged above 65 years.

Unregistered

Default Brining parents from Pakistan, aged above 65 years.

Hello,

I am currently on one year work permit and would like to bring my parents to Madrid. What is the procedure to bring them?

- Documents required.
    - Processing time.
    - Any other requirement e.g financial.

I have also applied for my wife non-lucrative residency a month ago and hope to hear soon.

regards,
    Imran

Dear Sir,

The main requirements for the Family Reunion permit are:

1. That you have applied for your residence permit renewal, and if it has been already granted the better.
    2. That you can prove your parents are financially dependent on you.
    3. That you prove the Family Relationship.
    4. That you have plenty of income to cover your parents expenses
    5. That you are up to date with your Tax and Social Security Obligations.
    6. That you have an adequate dwelling to house all the members of the Family ( your wife, your parents and yourself ). Also, to evidence this, a specific report from the Town Hall will be required, called Informe de Vivienda Suficiente.

You can check the exact information here, at the Employment and Social Security Ministry´s website.

The processing time varies among provinces, being the average between 3 and 6 months.

Please contact us by email should you wish to discuss your case in detail.

Regards,
    Last edited by Patricia; 02-04-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi Patrica,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know more about below points, how can i prove it? I would like to bring my parents to live with me. They are above 65 years old. How to prove family relationship, i guess i have my father name on passport and i can get the Family Registration Certificate from government office in my country that will show my parents name and the family members.

2. That you can prove your parents are financially dependent on you.
    3. That you prove the Family Relationship.

Thanks
    Imran

Dear Imran,

The family relationship is generally legitimated by means of a legalized and translated Birth certificate.

You can prove they are dependent on you if you can show evidence of them being ill, so they are in need of daily care, and then also prove you are have been sending them funds to cover their living expenses for the last year on a regular basis ( monthly if possible ) . Normally, bank statements are provided to evidence this fact.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile