Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Nationality ! I should have the right to get it ?

Unregistered

Post Spanish Nationality ! I should have the right to get it ?

Hello Patricia,

I am writing to you regarding a very important and complex situation which is quite difficult to interpret.

I am 22 years old guy who came to Spain when i was 16 through Reagrupación Familiar option when my dad applied for us six years ago. I came here with my family and we got Larga Duracion residence status right after with our dad. Now due to the reason that my dad had lived in Spain for 10 years, he applied for Spanish nationality and luckily he got it. He is a Spanish now.
    Now he is going to apply for our family nationality since my siblings are under 18. In my case, I am 22 and studying in a University but completely dependent on my father. In fact on my residence permit, it is written as "depende de ----(my father name etc.).
    According to my current nationality (Pakistan), it is considered that as long as the child is studying, he is considered with and under the family.

Now, as my dad is Spanish and he is gonna naturalise my siblings, I wonder if somehow its possible that he can also include me in the nationality application with my siblings or somehow ? My University can confirm or if the Embassy of Pakistan can issue something like that i am dependent on him or so .. ! Anyhow ! Anything possible ?

Thank you very much for your understanding and i hope that you will try to solve the situation with the best of your knowledge.

Best Regards,
    Daniel

PS: If not! All of my family gonna have Spanish passport and can travel all around the world except me! It hurts

Hello Daniel,

You can apply for the Spanish Nationality as a dependent on your father until two years after your are considered of legal age in accordance with your National Law. As the legal age in Pakistan is 21 years old, you can apply for the Spanish Nationality By option as dependent now that you are 22, but not after you are 23.

You can check this information on the Civil Code, Book 1, Title 1, article 20.c.

I hope this answer has been helpful.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Post Spanish Nationality ! I should have the right to get it ?

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Are you sure that the legal age in Pakistan is 21 ?
    I would like to formally consult with you and initiate the application process ! I wonder if you have an office in Cataluña or somehow i can contact you !

Best Regards,
    Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Yes, the legal age in Pakistan is 21 years old.

You can contact me by email clicking on my profile if you wish to discuss further.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile