Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: marriage immigration question?

Unregistered

Default marriage immigration question?

Hi I am a Pakistani National of 36 years of age, and I would like to know the rules related to marriage and immigration of Madrid Spain, She is a Spanish national of 16 years and 5 months of age. Can someone give me background on the marriage procedure and the immigration process if I choose to move to Spain.

Hello,

I believe you can find many of your questions answered after reading my blog post:

Getting Married in Spain: General Overview and legal issues for foreigners in irregular situation.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

thank you very much Patricia, I was wondering if the civil union registry can be filed through the embassy here, or will I have to go to Spain to start the process.

Hello,

You can marry either in Pakistan or Spain and as long as your spouse is a Spanish citizen, if the marriage is celebrated in Pakistan , it can be registered at the closest Spanish Consular office.

For more information, please read the Spanish Embassy website, Civil Registry Section and the Ministry of Justice, Civil registration section.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile